Pearl comments on Iowa

Re: Pearle comments on Iowa

Is it just me or did it seem he struggled for the right words and had a ****-eating grin on his face the whole time? Very interesting interview....

I was thinking it was a cat-that-ate-the-canary look and I took it as a sign that Forbes is the next HC at Iowa.

It sounded like a pep talk that he has given before. Dont you think Forbes would have asked Pearl those exact questions?

Not sure if it means he's interested or not...but I know one thing, he's pretty damn current on U of I athletics for someone who hasn't been around for a very long time...I think his *bleep* eatin' grin was because he was wondering when the "has anyone contacted you about the job at Iowa?" question was going to come.

Look, it's a great video of HIGH interest to the Iowa fan base. Too bad he didn't have a chance to ask the money question. Still, kudos to Mike for getting it and posting it. Not a bad videographer for a print guy.

cza1448l.jpg

Yep agree, good job Mike for getting that interview. Gosh i wish we could have pearl as coach. He is just everything you could ask for!

Dont think for one minute that he is not interested, his body language is very promising, second he is very kind and did not give the typical answer that a person with absolutly no interest would have answered, ie
what about the iowa job
answer, its a great place with great fans, but i am happy at tennessee
would have been more likely for someone with no interest.

he may not take the job but he knows something and thats for sure,
he is hiding something and remember barta said around the final four he would like to have hired someone. if it was some of these other guys I think it would have been done by now. unless it is someone with in the tennessee program like forbes or pearl

Pearl said publicly today he's not interested in the Iowa job. I think we can put this pipe dream to sleep for good, unfortunately.

Pearl didn't say no. He didn't say no in the video and he didn't say no to the reporters when asked directly about the Iowa job. He is still doing coach speak so as some have said earlier, either he is bucking for a big raise at TN or he's coming to Iowa. I would love to have him at Iowa but I don't have a problem with the guy getting a big fat raise at TN either as he deserves it.

Clearly Forbes wants to be back in IC. Do you think that Forbes is the go between right now?

Latest posts