Pearl comments on Iowa

I received the following tweet from Keeler. Apparently our hopes have been dashed
This is a question that Pearl was asked regarding the Iowa job.

I'm here at Tennessee and I’m going to be here at Tennessee,†Pearl, the Volunteers men’s basketball coach and former Iowa assistant, told reporters today at Edward Jones Dome when asked about the vacant Hawkeye head coaching position. “I’m grateful to be at Tennessee and I’m blessed to be at Tennessee.†And his reaction to the fact that his name keeps coming up every time the Iowa job opens?“Thank you to the fans in Iowa City for remembering what Tom Davis did,â€* Pearl said extending a nod to his former mentor, who left Iowa City more than a decade ago. “It’s a very special place, there’s no question about it.†One of Pearl’s top assistants agrees.
Not a huge surprise. Did anyone expect that he'd say "Oh yeah, the Iowa job. As soon as I win the NCAA Championship for the freakin' Vols I'm outty. Herky's going to drive me to the airport in an Iowa Hawkeye decorated stretch Hummer Limo."

Keeler is probably still in the fetal position after getting yelled at by Majerus.

Hell, they're probably at the buffet table. I saw Keeler on press row at the Drake/UNI game and he totally fits the mold of a sloppily dressed, unkept journalist.

Not a huge surprise. Did anyone expect that he'd say "Oh yeah, the Iowa job. As soon as I win the NCAA Championship for the freakin' Vols I'm outty. Herky's going to drive me to the airport in an Iowa Hawkeye decorated stretch Hummer Limo."

How did Herky get my limo???

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcGj57cQIeg"]YouTube- So you're saying there's a chance[/ame]

"so you're saying there's a chance"....

Re: Pearle comments on Iowa

Is it just me or did it seem he struggled for the right words and had a ****-eating grin on his face the whole time? Very interesting interview....

Could he be teeing the job up high for announcement of the hiring of his assistant, Steve Forbes, some time soon as the next MBB HC?

This thread is proof that people hear what they want to hear.

(Sidenote: What I heard was..." I have great memories of Iowa and will be coaching there next season on the condition that burky247 will join my staff and take my fiance's sister out two to three times a week).

This thread is proof that people hear what they want to hear.

(Sidenote: What I heard was..." I have great memories of Iowa and will be coaching there next season on the condition that burky247 will join my staff and take my fiance's sister out two to three times a week).

I was thinking this thread reminds me of that episode of South Park last night, where everyone tries to force their own viewpoint into a nonsense story. The paralells are frightening.

Pearl was giving cookie cutter answers to questions he was prepared for. Do you really expect he would say something negative about Iowa, the program, or the area? I spout nonsensical bs like this on a daily basis when I am asked vague, meaningless questions.

Latest posts