Payton Sandfort Still Navigating NBA Draft Process

It is such a weak draft, that lack shooters…I understand why he is struggling on the decision to come back or not.

I wish him the best regardless of his choice unless he enters the portal to play for another Big Ten team or Iowa State.

I wish him the best regardless of his choice unless he enters the portal to play for another Big Ten team or Iowa State.
I think the portal's already closed. But I suppose he could just enroll in a diff school over the summer.

I think the portal's already closed. But I suppose he could just enroll in a diff school over the summer.

Well it goes without saying we need him to return to help out the team.

I don’t blame him or anyone else for pursing the NBA. I wish him nothing but the best if he goes pro.

but you guys all said he wasn't good enough?
I still don't.. It's one thing to get drafted it's another to stick on a team. Garza, JW Uthoff Tyler Cook all better players then him either can't stick or barely have. Garza has been in Gleague more then NBA last couple yrs even though he's with MN now. The rest barely sniffed the NBA so far and from what I've seen of PS if he somehow made it and stuck on the opening roster of an NBA team next yr I'd be shocked.

I'm sure in this really weak class that he could be a 2nd round pick. But it'd be a wasted one on him if they had any delusions of grandeur that he'd be able to do much. Hell Kris Murray a 1st rounder played in 62 gms avged 22 mins 6 pts and 3 rbs shooting only 28% from 3. I'm pretty sure we'd all agree he was a much more polished all around player coming out along with a higher ceiling then Sandfort.

This is as weak of an NBA draft class as they've had in awhile that's the only reason he's really got a snow balls shot of an opportunity right now. But it's not a real one for sticking around. Surely he's fully aware of everything and I'm kinda surprised he hasn't made his decision. Nothings changing between the last few weeks and when he's gotta decide by

I still don't.. It's one thing to get drafted it's another to stick on a team. Garza, JW Uthoff Tyler Cook all better players then him either can't stick or barely have. Garza has been in Gleague more then NBA last couple yrs even though he's with MN now. The rest barely sniffed the NBA so far and from what I've seen of PS if he somehow made it and stuck on the opening roster of an NBA team next yr I'd be shocked.

I'm sure in this really weak class that he could be a 2nd round pick. But it'd be a wasted one on him if they had any delusions of grandeur that he'd be able to do much. Hell Kris Murray a 1st rounder played in 62 gms avged 22 mins 6 pts and 3 rbs shooting only 28% from 3. I'm pretty sure we'd all agree he was a much more polished all around player coming out along with a higher ceiling then Sandfort.

This is as weak of an NBA draft class as they've had in awhile that's the only reason he's really got a snow balls shot of an opportunity right now. But it's not a real one for sticking around. Surely he's fully aware of everything and I'm kinda surprised he hasn't made his decision. Nothings changing between the last few weeks and when he's gotta decide by
And likely nothing is changing between this season and next from what I understand as well. You make it sound like, nothing is going to change and he can't make the NBA regardless so why even try? While I agree with the over all thought he's a long shot, we don't know. He might get in the right position and be making a roster next year. Is it probable? No, but again, what do we know? Very little. We're a couple of dudes on a message forum that's woefully past it's prime. We certainly don't know nearly as much as people who are actually helping him make this decision. I would guess that he is fully aware of it all from all angles and that he has people advising him from his college coaches, NBA execs and connections and his family. He's going to do what is best for him and that might not be another season of college basketball. To me, it would be an easy decision. Go get paid to do what you love and don't waste another fucking second of it at Iowa.

And likely nothing is changing between this season and next from what I understand as well. You make it sound like, nothing is going to change and he can't make the NBA regardless so why even try? While I agree with the over all thought he's a long shot, we don't know. He might get in the right position and be making a roster next year. Is it probable? No, but again, what do we know? Very little. We're a couple of dudes on a message forum that's woefully past it's prime. We certainly don't know nearly as much as people who are actually helping him make this decision. I would guess that he is fully aware of it all from all angles and that he has people advising him from his college coaches, NBA execs and connections and his family. He's going to do what is best for him and that might not be another season of college basketball. To me, it would be an easy decision. Go get paid to do what you love and don't waste another fucking second of it at Iowa.
These young men and women all their lives have worked hard and living with the dream of playing Div 1 or professionally. They only have a small window of opportunity of making the dream come true so I don't blame Payton at all for trying it. He and others are going to do anything they can, including trying to get a critique or information about their game or where they need to improve. I get it.

Anybody would who is fortunate enough to have the skill they have to play a sport at that level.

I think the top dollar 2 way guys can get 500k. But I don't think that's what they all get. If he's not able to get that the G league is like 50k or less. Iowa's NIL hooks them up with what? I don't think I've ever heard a rumor as to what they really get. Guys are gonna do what they want to do regardless of what's best for them anyway. I would guess he'll be coming back to Iowa but it's hard to say

I think the top dollar 2 way guys can get 500k. But I don't think that's what they all get. If he's not able to get that the G league is like 50k or less. Iowa's NIL hooks them up with what? I don't think I've ever heard a rumor as to what they really get. Guys are gonna do what they want to do regardless of what's best for them anyway. I would guess he'll be coming back to Iowa but it's hard to say
He’s not going to another school. I have 0 worry about that. He’s staying in or coming back to Iowa. I assume he’ll announce too, but again, I don’t pretend to know what his exact feedback is. I do know he loves Iowa and loves Fran, and loves his brother… so we do have that still.

He’s not going to another school. I have 0 worry about that. He’s staying in or coming back to Iowa. I assume he’ll announce too, but again, I don’t pretend to know what his exact feedback is. I do know he loves Iowa and loves Fran, and loves his brother… so we do have that still.
I think he's just trying to maximize his NIL for next year. If so, I don't blame him.

I read that Bronny article, and it said that today was the last day for players to take their name out of the draft and return to college.

Seeing a lot of names that were possibly ahead of PS withdrawing this afternoon... which just likely puts him further up the board. I get a feeling we're not going to get what we want.

Seeing a lot of names that were possibly ahead of PS withdrawing this afternoon... which just likely puts him further up the board. I get a feeling we're not going to get what we want.
I don't follow the NBA much, but there is a lot of scuttle that this year is a weak draft. So, he might figure he cannot do any better than he will this year. That said, he really did not perform well at the combine by all accounts.