Pass Interference on last play?

had a similar call earlier in the game and at that point they decided to let them play. calls stayed consistently

Iowa's been screwed plenty of times against Michigan so even if we got some favorable calls I'll live.

My take:

I didnt think it was a catch. However i didnt think the long pass minny caught that was reviewed was either, so i didnt know what they would call. To me those two "catches" looked exactly the same upon review.

I did feel it was offensive PI on that play. If you dont call that you dont call PI on Lowery.

I thought the no call at the end of the half was more questionable than the last one.

Lastly. Does anyone not remember getting jobbed at home against Michigan at home back in '05? (i think that was the year).

We got absolutely raped by the officials in that game.

My take:

I didnt think it was a catch. However i didnt think the long pass minny caught that was reviewed was either, so i didnt know what they would call. To me those two "catches" looked exactly the same upon review.

I did feel it was offensive PI on that play. If you dont call that you dont call PI on Lowery.

I thought the no call at the end of the half was more questionable than the last one.

Lastly. Does anyone not remember getting jobbed at home against Michigan at home back in '05? (i think that was the year).

Yes.

Coulda, woulda, shoulda called PI on the last...........who gives a sh$t!!! It's still a W no matter how many flags get thrown now.

My take:

I was there, and yes we got assaulted like those poor PSU players

Talking about pass interference ... is anyone watching Wisconsin? They've gotten away with at least 3 of them.

Not called, home cookin' is sweet.

316839_10150376292596702_6048971701_8137424_407036418_n.jpg

Does the arm effect the play though? I'm sure that right there is technically interference but if he's not using it to actually impede the receiver's progress then they don't call often.

If his arm is just there they don't usually throw the flag and I wouldn't be surprised if that's why they didn't throw the flag. Regardless, they'd still have to score on the next play anyways, then convert a first down then win in OT. None that guaranteed.

Lowery had inside position and WR initiated contact. It was also within 5 yd chuck zone. Clearly not PI.

Even if it's called, they have to run another play. After missing four in a row, I like the odds that they have Denard try to throw it again and we win anyway.

Lowery had inside position and WR initiated contact. It was also within 5 yd chuck zone. Clearly not PI.
Do they have a 5 yard chuck rule in CFB? I don't recall if that was just an NFL rule or not...regardless, once the ball is in the air, there is no such thing as a chuck rule. Can't touch the WR period (for the most part) once the pass is airborne...

Latest posts