PARKER & O'KEEFE PRESSER NOTES (FINISHED)

JonDMiller said:
I suspect Paki will be the featured back at the scrimmage...
From what Marc Morehouse of The Gazette said, it looks like Brad Rogers and Jason White will get the carries saturday.

Sash and Greenwood should be better than Sanders and Considine? That is an amazing statement to me. I would be really happy if that were true this year.

I read that as Sash and Greenwood are going to be better than Sash and Greenwood were last year.

I read that as Sash and Greenwood are going to be better than Sash and Greenwood were last year.

But I do think that they could be better. Is Sash as good as Sanders? Maybe, in his own right. Sash is a ballhawk who can hit quite a bit too, Sanders was a hitter with a nose for the ball. I hope people can decipher the slight difference there. I do think that Greenwood is better than Considine (and that says quite a bit to me, I always really liked Considine). Just as good in coverage, and a harder hitter.

So Sash/Greenwood I think is at least close to Sanders/Considine. By the end of the year, I really think we might be saying that they're the best safety tandem we've ever had.

Gotta love this response, classic Norm Parker :)

How often can you do this?

I will probably croak on the field some day. I hope we are ahead when I do.

Gotta love this response, classic Norm Parker :)

How often can you do this?

I will probably croak on the field some day. I hope we are ahead when I do.

We'd need to be ahead lol. For some reason I get the feeling that our defense would collapse without Norm there. It'd be like ObiWan without the Force haha.

But I do think that they could be better. Is Sash as good as Sanders? Maybe, in his own right. Sash is a ballhawk who can hit quite a bit too, Sanders was a hitter with a nose for the ball. I hope people can decipher the slight difference there. I do think that Greenwood is better than Considine (and that says quite a bit to me, I always really liked Considine). Just as good in coverage, and a harder hitter.

So Sash/Greenwood I think is at least close to Sanders/Considine. By the end of the year, I really think we might be saying that they're the best safety tandem we've ever had.

Considine was an amazing special teams player. How many punt blocks did he have, 3 or 4 in his career? I'm not even sure Greenwood plays special teams.

Considine was an amazing special teams player. How many punt blocks did he have, 3 or 4 in his career? I'm not even sure Greenwood plays special teams.

But that doesn't say anything about their ability at safety, which is all I'm talking about right now. Those two pairs, playing the back-end of the defense, are pretty equal right now. Considine added special teams as well, but that also probably had to do with the fact that he started out as a walk-on who made a name for himself on special teams. Sash and Greenwood were both thrust into starting roles as freshman.

I think Sash is pretty close to Sanders. However, I think Greenwood is definitely a level below those guys. Greenwood is pretty solid all around, but not exceptional in any area. I think Considine was significantly better than Greenwood in pass coverage. Considine covered more ground. He could also turn and run with a WR, and he could turn around and make a play on the ball. Greenwood hasn't shown that ability. I'd also describe Greenwood as "adequate" against the run. He usually makes the tackles he needs to make. Considine might have been a bit better in that area.

I think Sash is pretty close to Sanders. However, I think Greenwood is definitely a level below those guys. Greenwood is pretty solid all around, but not exceptional in any area. I think Considine was significantly better than Greenwood in pass coverage. Considine covered more ground. He could also turn and run with a WR, and he could turn around and make a play on the ball. Greenwood hasn't shown that ability. I'd also describe Greenwood as "adequate" against the run. He usually makes the tackles he needs to make. Considine might have been a bit better in that area.

I'd really like to be able to see tape so I could make better judgements. Like I said, Considine was always (and still is) one of my favorites, so it's not like I've got something against him or anything. But I'd love to compare on tape.

Drooling is right. Loved what they ahd to say in regards to the OL, especially Zuse. If thsoe guys can block this year look out. Defense sounded great, as expected. Klug getting soem preaise was nice. I would have liked to hear a little more confidence on tarp but don't think it was a knock by any means. Really like what they were saying about Cotton, I think him and Davis will end up making up one of the great Iowa WR tandems in a few years. But DJK and McNutt could be one of the greats this year! Can't wait for September

He never got back to talkinga bout AJ derby...
As for AJ, we have thrown more at AJ than we have any other freshman that has been here with the exception of Drew Tate...even 12 practices in, Drew was not exposed to as much as AJ has been. He has done a nice job of learning things, seems to have a feel for things, reads defenses pretty well and now its a matter of settling in there and seeing what he can do. He has had some work with 2's but we have not put him in blitz pick up...we are saving that for the fall.

big10 network is suppose to have the spring game online, but any one know if it'll actually be slotted on tv? I gotta work hoping i can dvr it.

I forgot all about Jordon Cotton. Providing the top 4 stay healthy I wonder how much he will see the field if any.

Latest posts