Paki O'Meara?

I have to confess I get Paki Omeara confused sometimes with the guy in 2004 that was the walk on that was the 6th string RB that ended up starting because the first 5 guys got hurt or suspended or dropped out or something like that.

Of course the whole Paki starting the first game in 2009 everybody knew was a sham. Everybody knew he was destined for 3rd string at best and was not going to play much (unless everybody else got hurt)

The guy who gets an unfairly bad rap sometimes is Mark Weisman in the 2012-2014 days. The fullback converted to RB because everybody else got hurt or left, was a legitimately good RB and could burst through a hole when he was healthy. He just lacked breakaway speed after he got through a hole. Plus he just ran so hard he couldn't keep himself healthy.
I remember him breaking at least one long one. Not feature back material but he did in a pinch.

I have to confess I get Paki Omeara confused sometimes with the guy in 2004 that was the walk on that was the 6th string RB that ended up starting because the first 5 guys got hurt or suspended or dropped out or something like that.
I believe that was Sam Brownlee right?

You seem quite put together. You don't have one of those fire proof safes?

I have a fireproof safe but the guy at the gun shop said "son, ain't really no thing as a fireproof safe because if that safe is inside of a fire it's still gonna get hotter 'en satan's taint inside and everything in it is gonna be ruined and if you store ammo in it take it out of the cardboard boxes because the boxes will absolutely catch fire if they get hot enough and this bad boy looks airtight, but it idn't (sic)." And if both me and my wife die the combo will die with us but I guess maybe my dad could figure out that it was 6969 but he's got leukemia and God only knows how long he has left.

The fullback converted to RB because everybody else got hurt or left, was a legitimately good RB and could burst through a hole when he was healthy. He just lacked breakaway speed after he got through a hole. Plus he just ran so hard he couldn't keep himself healthy.

All the southerners around me love to talk shit about how great SEC football is and how awesome Clemson is and crap like that. I always pull up the Weisman touchdown against Nebraska video. "If you fellas don't like watching this, then we ain't got nothing more to talk about."

I believe that was Sam Brownlee right?
I remember that season that he wound up being the feature back for awhile.
Never got a touchdown. I remember several times they got down to the goal line, only to throw it for a TD. I mean, I can't complain. But I wanted him to get to paydirt. I think in ensuing seasons he never carried the ball more than a dozen times. But, did get his touchdown. I remember being very satisfied that he got one. Not sure how many he wound up with.

There was a back named Simmons... I think his last name was "from Davenport Iowa" ya, Simmons from Davenport Iowa. I transferred in from Nebraska. He scored a TD against LSU. Simmons from davenport iowa

Of course the whole Paki starting the first game in 2009 everybody knew was a sham. Everybody knew he was destined for 3rd string at best and was not going to play much (unless everybody else got hurt)

The guy who gets an unfairly bad rap sometimes is Mark Weisman in the 2012-2014 days. The fullback converted to RB because everybody else got hurt or left, was a legitimately good RB and could burst through a hole when he was healthy. He just lacked breakaway speed after he got through a hole. Plus he just ran so hard he couldn't keep himself healthy.
Mark was the toughest guy I had seen in a long time. Totally out of position but more effective that he was given credit for, he saved us more than once. Hawkeye Hero.

docholihawk is gone like passed away? I often wondered about what posters pass away and we never hear from them. There was to be a number of them. Anyone else?

Welp, heard about another guy who died. This fella https://forum.hawkeyenation.com/members/drakebulldog.48063/ passed away on June 19. He posted in the old free for all politics board on here which is why he ain't got any activity showing up and was mainstay on the old Scout board. Ol' bulldog and EverHawk would really go to town on there.

www.adamssoderstrum.com/obituaries/Terry-Lynn-Crisman?obId=28225589

Latest posts