Paki O'Meara?

You can all write this down and make it your signature if you like: Brad Rogers will be playing this year. We all know what we are getting with Paki so there is no need to keep rehashing it. We run a 2 back system and I simply cannot see Wegher being able to handle the pounding, thus we need someone to lighten the load a little (who can actually have a positive effect or at least the possibility of having a positive effect). Rogers has not carried 1 ball in his college career and I would still hands down and twice on sunday see what he can do this year.

Paki is one of our better S.Teams contributer. He is a good leader for the S.team units. I agree with everyone that he lacks the Big-Ten skills to be a "RUNNING BACK". The good thing about KF is he gave Paki a chance. Paki is probably grateful for his chance and because he has a great attitude he relizes that the others that have played a head of him have more polished skills and can get the job done. This also includes Hampton. Who knows maybe he has improved since the first game of the season and could do a decent job against a Indiana and Northwestern teams. Not Ohio State. Rodgers on the other hand is built like a back and seeing by his films can get up the field quite nice too. He deserves to get a shot also. We just need to hope that Wegher can toot 20-25 carries if that 15-20 is probably more reasonable. From here on out we need Stanzi and the O-line to step it up a notch and make it easier for our backs.

Paki lost all confidence from last year when on that crucial 3rd down play he caught the ball in the flat with a 3 yard cushion, and only needed to step forward one yard for the first down, but instead ran away from the first down sideways for 3 yards and was easily caught by the corner.

On that play I realized he:

a. was too slow.
b. had no elusiveness.
c. made poor decisions.

Paki O'Meara in my opinion is the last person you'd want to replace Robinson. I don't know why everyone is talking about who should replace Robinson in the first place. Wegher IS the replacement. Wgher has the potential to be one of the best Iowa running backs ever. Obviously not this year, but by the end of his career. When's the last time we had a TRUE freshman actually do well. If I recall, his name was Shonn Greene...

I don't think Greene did anything special his freshman year...he might have had a couple of 100 yard games against some non-conference sheep but I don't think he played much or at all in the conference...

I'm looking for the thread where someone was so angry at a poster that he wanted to meet him and fight.

who's brad rogers by the way?
I once told @MiniMoeHawk that I was baching it that upcoming weekend and that I could be at the Sports Column on two hours notice if he wanted to have a couple beers and discuss some things.

But it was Thanksgiving and I edited my post to with him a happy holiday.

Haven't seen him post since then however.

@thedukeofearl once told @lightning1 that a physical confrontation would end with that latter in ER after the former rhetorically threatened to poke him in the eye to show him how it felt (after the Adam Woodbury eye poking controversy)

I once told @MiniMoeHawk that I was baching it that upcoming weekend and that I could be at the Sports Column on two hours notice if he wanted to have a couple beers and discuss some things.

But it was Thanksgiving and I edited my post to with him a happy holiday.

Haven't seen him post since then however.

@thedukeofearl once told @lightning1 that a physical confrontation would end with that latter in ER after the former rhetorically threatened to poke him in the eye to show him how it felt (after the Adam Woodbury eye poking controversy)

I think MiniMoeHawk was the guy who ran the Jeff Moe fan club who died in a car accident the day after the Middle Tennessee State game in 2019. His wife was pretty torn up about it on Twitter and was angry that his GoFundMe only raised like $80. Dude didn't have life insurance. Oh well.

My best ever shit post on here was the time the guy claimed to have his lost his keys at a bar in downtown Iowa City and I started another thread about how I found a set of keys at whatever bar it was and threw them into the river. He was mad. Big mad.

I think MiniMoeHawk was the guy who ran the Jeff Moe fan club who died in a car accident the day after the Middle Tennessee State game in 2019. His wife was pretty torn up about it on Twitter and was angry that his GoFundMe only raised like $80. Dude didn't have life insurance. Oh well.

My best ever shit post on here was the time the guy claimed to have his lost his keys at a bar in downtown Iowa City and I started another thread about how I found a set of keys at whatever bar it was and threw them into the river. He was mad. Big mad.
Oh my! It was sad enough to lose @docholihawk.

As for not having life insurance that's sad as well, because it's very affordable either through an employer's benefits package or just buying it in of itself.

I remember the confrontation I had with him on Thanksgiving morning. Blows my mind that it would have already been going on four years ago.

As for not having life insurance that's sad as well, because it's very affordable either through an employer's benefits package or just buying it in of itself.

I remember the confrontation I had with him on Thanksgiving morning. Blows my mind that it would have already been going on four years ago.

Bruh, I was just trolling you to try to make you feel bad for having a confrontation with him. If there was a Jeff Moe fan club I would be the damned president and you know it. I even wore #20 in his honor.

Bruh, I was just trolling you to try to make you feel bad for having a confrontation with him. If there was a Jeff Moe fan club I would be the damned president and you know it. I even wore #20 in his honor.
I don't feel bad for a confrontation on these boards with anyone if I think they have it coming.

Loved Moe as a player. Every team in the league had a player like him in those days (Alford, Skiles etc.) and many of them were from Indiana.

Jeff has made some questionable decisions as an adult, had that incident in Indianapolis a while back.

Lol. I think I remember that.

docholihawk is gone like passed away? I often wondered about what posters pass away and we never hear from them. There was to be a number of them. Anyone else?

docholihawk is gone like passed away? I often wondered about what posters pass away and we never hear from them. There was to be a number of them. Anyone else?

I have a folio titled "IF I DIE" in thick black sharpie on the cover. It has a list of all my accounts, car titles, crap like that. My next of kin is instructed to notify the board and the wasteland if I kick the bucket. But, if I die in a housefire the folio will be destroyed and you'll never know.

I have a folio titled "IF I DIE" in thick black sharpie on the cover. It has a list of all my accounts, car titles, crap like that. My next of kin is instructed to notify the board and the wasteland if I kick the bucket. But, if I die in a housefire the folio will be destroyed and you'll never know.

You seem quite put together. You don't have one of those fire proof safes?

I have to confess I get Paki Omeara confused sometimes with the guy in 2004 that was the walk on that was the 6th string RB that ended up starting because the first 5 guys got hurt or suspended or dropped out or something like that.

Of course the whole Paki starting the first game in 2009 everybody knew was a sham. Everybody knew he was destined for 3rd string at best and was not going to play much (unless everybody else got hurt)

The guy who gets an unfairly bad rap sometimes is Mark Weisman in the 2012-2014 days. The fullback converted to RB because everybody else got hurt or left, was a legitimately good RB and could burst through a hole when he was healthy. He just lacked breakaway speed after he got through a hole. Plus he just ran so hard he couldn't keep himself healthy.

Last edited:

Latest posts