Padilla needs to start next game!

He didn’t look mobile when he rolled out to the left and threw back against his body to LaPorta for about 30 yards? Did you miss that play? That’s a play Petras is incapable of making.
How about the other three or four times he got run down, or the passes he missed, or the time he threw the ball about 30 mph harder than he needed to to Johnson? Which coincidentally is what folks criticized Petras for (myself included). Padilla showed nothing that was an improvement over Petras. He suffered from the same mistakes.

The OL and 1st & 2nd down playcalling are the problems with this team. Not the quarterback.

He didn’t look mobile when he rolled out to the left and threw back against his body to LaPorta for about 30 yards? Did you miss that play? That’s a play Petras is incapable of making.

Petras has made that play a few times but not against an elite defense with a pass rush.

Nothing to lose, what are the odds with KF as coach???

I would like to see Padilla get at least a possession each half. Purdue's coach is a way better offensive mind than the Ferentzes and he plays multiple QBs.

It is called a changeup and Petras can get a view of the defense when he is standing on the sideline. Padilla needs reps bcuz Petras as close to getting knocked out of the game twice today.

I would still like to see Brian try to move the pocket with the QBs once in awhile, you dont have to call it a rollout but just move the pocket a few yards.

#1 Georgia plays two QB's.
Oklahoma was undefeated but pulled a Heisman candidate because he wasn't getting the job done.
Clemson sat 5 star Uiagalelei for performance.
Purdue kicked our ass with 3 QBs

Last time I checked they are all doing better offensively than we are

well when a 10 year old can predict what the offense will do. Fairly simple to have the defense pin their ears back and stop the run.
Every Iowa first down today:
sack
run
run
sack
run
run
run
pass(TD drive)
run
pass
pass
sacked
pass
run
Purdue game was similar. Now as a DC, how easy is that to game plan for?

How about the other three or four times he got run down, or the passes he missed, or the time he threw the ball about 30 mph harder than he needed to to Johnson? Which coincidentally is what folks criticized Petras for (myself included). Padilla showed nothing that was an improvement over Petras. He suffered from the same mistakes.

The OL and 1st & 2nd down playcalling are the problems with this team. Not the quarterback.
Agree, but I think they are all the problem. Iowa does not have a QB and that don't have an offensive line.

Padilla will be running for his life to right into the teeth of a sack and likely throwing interceptions if we see enough of him. You play Padilla if Petras is hurt, or you have decided you are playing for the future. But Padilla does not look like the future either.

Iowa's only chance is for the defense to play elite (and special teams) and the defense is proving to be a good to ok defense. That won't win championships let alone the Music City Bowl.

Last edited:
well when a 10 year old can predict what the offense will do. Fairly simple to have the defense pin their ears back and stop the run.
Every Iowa first down today:
sack
run
run
sack
run
run
run
pass(TD drive)
run
pass
pass
sacked
pass
run
Purdue game was similar. Now as a DC, how easy is that to game plan for?
Yikes.....and of all those runs, how many of them got us 2nd and more than 10?

It seems to me you are indication a bigger type of change………. play calling? Offensive line? ………….. hmmmm who is ultimately responsible for these things?

Incidentally if Goodson sticks around to play another season he should have his head checked. I smell portal unless the line shows significant improvement over the rest of the season.

I think the small sample size was enough to show Padilla has enough mobility to be more of a factor with this porous OLine. Especially with more in game reps. It cannot get any worse, but I’m sure a change won’t happen because it’s KF.

Reactions: haw

Latest posts