Over/Under Wins

Wisconsin loses 6 of their front , and 8 defensive starters overall, but they are going to roll, while Iowa's loss of 3 lbers will cripple their hopes? No.

No? Care to adjust this thought? The LBs got torched many times this year. The LBs were likely the difference between 9-11 win team and 7-8 win team.

No? Care to adjust this thought? The LBs got torched many times this year. The LBs were likely the difference between 9-11 win team and 7-8 win team.

Isnt his point that WI lost a whole lot more than we did, yet they don't miss a beat. Every year it seems they're contending for Big10 championships

we bring back nearly all of our offense, and need to replace Tanner Miller and stout LBs

and we struggle to beat UNI, Ball St...lose to ISU, and get stomped by MN, MD, and played decent against WI

Isnt his point that WI lost a whole lot more than we did, yet they don't miss a beat. Every year it seems they're contending for Big10 championships

we bring back nearly all of our offense, and need to replace Tanner Miller and stout LBs

and we struggle to beat UNI, Ball St...lose to ISU, and get stomped by MN, MD, and played decent against WI

No. He posted that before the season and thought Wisconsin would be down and Iowa would be fine given that we only turned over LBs and Wisconsin turned over almost all of their front 7. I told folks before the season to adjust expectations because we lost our LBs and the turnover of LBs is usually very bad for Iowa football.

Fine. Consider it a troll, pal. But when we finish around 7-5 and I ain't mad and you're walking around all mad, you'll be sorry.

Q: Oh wow, O'Keefe, you called 7-5. How did you know we would be 7-5?

A: Well, O'Keefe, I knew that we had a fairly weak armed QB returning and I knew that Greg Davis was going to be calling the offense. I also knew that we turned over 3 pretty good starting LBs. It was pretty easy to see, actually.

Q: But if it was so easy to see, how could no one else see it?

A: Because they are idiots.

Fine. Consider it a troll, pal. But when we finish around 7-5 and I ain't mad and you're walking around all mad, you'll be sorry.

So, everyone else is mad. I'm guessing you ain't, 'cause, well, you knew, right?

By the way, how many you got the BB team winnin'?

So, everyone else is mad. I'm guessing you ain't, 'cause, well, you knew, right?

By the way, how many you got the BB team winnin'?

I was mad when the game was in progress, but it has quickly subsided. I wasn't mad at all last week.

I don't watch basketball until the football season is over, so I have no idea if we have anything. I presume we'll be pretty bad without Marble and I ain't sure how the non-con schedule looks, but I'll guess 6 or 7 wins in conference play.

Still sucks to be this damn right.

Look at the bright side - the new LB corps did show some improvement as the year went on and if you wanted to pin the Nebraska loss on specific units, it would have been the QB and safeties.

Q: Oh wow, O'Keefe, you called 7-5. How did you know we would be 7-5?

A: Well, O'Keefe, I knew that we had a fairly weak armed QB returning and I knew that Greg Davis was going to be calling the offense. I also knew that we turned over 3 pretty good starting LBs. It was pretty easy to see, actually ...
... and I read STILLBUSTER's simple, yet brilliant, rationale on page 2.
http://hawkeyenation.com/forum/showthread.php?65074-Over-Under-Wins&p=1302749&viewfull=1#post1302749

;)

Q: But if it was so easy to see, how could no one else see it?

A: Because they are idiots.