Our last two commits had offers from ISU

Pooker

are you worried that cPR (for the unintiated that is coach paul rhodes ... but I think cPR is better using the conventional nomenclature for the process to attempt to revive the dead) will change their minds and convince them to be clones? After all he is a fantastic recruiter and has really developed a lot of great NFL stars (at least I was told that on this forum). Should Iowa fans worry that he is going to take these recruits away from the Hawkeyes because of his prowess as a coach, communicator and general great human being-ness?

Look he got the next Chad Greenway this year -- should we be worried? :)

Wait a second, you got your panties all in a bunch just because ISU has offered kids that we got committed? I'm more worried about the bigger fish coming along and sniffing their nose where it dont belong than ISU.

are you worried that cPR (for the unintiated that is coach paul rhodes ... but I think cPR is better using the conventional nomenclature for the process to attempt to revive the dead) will change their minds and convince them to be clones? After all he is a fantastic recruiter and has really developed a lot of great NFL stars (at least I was told that on this forum). Should Iowa fans worry that he is going to take these recruits away from the Hawkeyes because of his prowess as a coach, communicator and general great human being-ness?

In a word - no. Iowa has been cleaing up in-state recruiting for several years now, and Nebraska will offer sterner competetion for in-state recruits than ISU will.

We need an emoticon for sarcasm and sarcastic posts for this board. The poster I want to read this has -- and knows he got the jab.

Of course, that could change if ISU has any sustained success, but with their tougher schedule from here on out, they're going to have a tough time just hitting the 6/7 win mark every year.

HAHA good one Shada! Where's the sarcasm pirate when you need him!?

Of course, that could change if ISU has any sustained success, but with their tougher schedule from here on out, they're going to have a tough time just hitting the 6/7 win mark every year.
If they won 6/7 games a year for a few years, they would fire their coach. They can't stand that kind of success.

If ISU can have some sustained success, this certainly may become an issue and in the future some good competition for recruits may be had.

haha, this is a great post.
if you dont understand it, look or MesaClone's post from a few days ago

We need an emoticon for sarcasm and sarcastic posts for this board. The poster I want to read this has -- and knows he got the jab.

35d3rrd.gif

http://i5.tinypic.com/35d3rrd.gif

I dont think you have anything to worry about. ISU is going to be in the hurt locker in this new league and if they have to drop the Iowa game that will be the nail in the coffin. Just because ISU offered doesnt mean the kids had any intention of even giving a courtesy visit. CPR could go out and offer the #1 recruit in the nation, but I dont think USC, UT, or Florida are going to be worried about it.

i saw the sarcasm right away pooker i kind of started laughing when ppl thought you were serious. thought the stuff in quotes was a dead give away.

there's another football program in iowa? forget the recruiting for a minute, who is this other program? i thought ISU was illinois state?

SOMEONE PLEASE FILL ME IN!

In a word - no. Iowa has been cleaing up in-state recruiting for several years now, and Nebraska will offer sterner competetion for in-state recruits than ISU will.

Sarcasm of the original post aside, Why will Nebraska now offer sterner competition? If anything, coming into the Big Ten will make it harder for Nebraska. They'll have less success than they did in the Big 12, which will make their program less appealing. I don't feel the kids that both Iowa and Nebraska look at currently and in the past are making/would have made a different decision because of what conference Nebraska was in. How many kids are out there say, if only Nebraska was in the Big Ten, I'd go there, but since they're not, I'll go to Iowa (or Wisconsin or any other BT school). My guess is that it is very, very few, at best.

The post was sarcastic but then I looked who posted it an immediately ruled out sarcasm.

I think it simply shows coach Rhoades is working very hard to find unrated/appreciated potential recuits much like the Iowa staff does. The question is how well he will do recruiting them. Offering is one thing, landing them is entirely different. The other thing is then how well he developes them and puts a team together.

Latest posts