Our D = beyond overrated

Iowa's pass defense actually impressed me. Nothing crazy happened except the pick six by Binns, but Iowa made Arizona one dimensional and if you take away the 3 unfortunate plays in the first quarter this game is probably a two TD win for Iowa.

I don't know what game you were watching, but pass defense was horrendous. How many times was Micah Hyde exploited? How many times was the crossing route WIDE open, as in nobody within 5yds? Better yet, when the AZ recievers did catch the ball, no one was there to punish them or make them think twice about coming across the middle again. Our LB's were MIA. I still couldn't believe how Prater got smoked from the three yard line to the back of the end zone. Luckily, I believe it was Wright, dropped a perfectly thrown ball.

As far as the unfortunate plays, don't forget that Foles threw a pick six and they gifted us another TD muffing the punt. Take those two away.....well, you get my point. I thought it was generally an all-around weak showing. The O-line in my opinion, aside from the obvious bonehead plays of the first quarter, shoulders a significant amount of the blame for this loss.

Last edited:
And the defense broke last night with the game on the line.

Scooter posts = garbage.

Our defense gave up 3 scoring drives last night, two field goals and a touch down. In the second half they gave up 7 points, and scored 7 points. In the second half AZ first four drives were 3 and out, 3 and out, 3 and out, 4 and out, and pick six.

Who's posts are garbage?

Who's posts are garbage?

Your posts are no better, seeing as your first line of defense is to insult and attack. But hey, if you want to defend Scooter and his 105 posts of bannable offenses, you can enjoy your little circle jerk of stupidity.

When. The. Game. Mattered. Most. The. Defense. Folded.

And yes, in case you want to try and target me by only pointing out on aspect of the team's play last night, the whole team was crap. Special teams was crap all night long, receivers were crap, the defense was crap when we had to have a stop.

Your posts are no better, seeing as your first line of defense is to insult and attack. But hey, if you want to defend Scooter and his 105 posts of bannable offenses, you can enjoy your little circle jerk of stupidity.

When. The. Game. Mattered. Most. The. Defense. Folded.

And yes, in case you want to try and target me by only pointing out on aspect of the team's play last night, the whole team was crap. Special teams was crap all night long, receivers were crap, the defense was crap when we had to have a stop.

When it mattered the most (in the 2nd half down 20 points) the defense shined. It gave up zero net points, and held Arizona to three 3 and outs, and one 4 and out.

Latest posts