Other B1G games ...

And Iowa's best conference road win is against a team that may not qualify for the NIT. But only 1 more road game and then neutral court the rest of the way. Personally I can't wait for Iowa to be done playing B1G teams.
I have a feeling that if we make a serious run in the NCAA'S we will run into several more of them.

Well there goes our double dye.

Gophers have no point guard play, couldn't keep Wisconsin's guards out of the lane, miss too many free throws, Kalscheur disappears on the road, critical defensive breakdown on the Ford dunk, Pritzl never misses a corner jumper (daggered Iowa last year as well in Carver)

We deserve better. Still a week to go but doesn't look good for double bye.
Marcus Carr (Minny’s PG) had 21 and 4 and locked up Trice. He’s a solid PG. Minny just has nothing outside of him and Oturu and Kalscheur has taken a major step back this year.

Marcus Carr (Minny’s PG) had 21 and 4 and locked up Trice. He’s a solid PG. Minny just has nothing outside of him and Oturu and Kalscheur has taken a major step back this year.
If you consider him a de facto point guard then yes he did well. But Pritzl and Davison were in the lane making plays all night. Minnesota misses Dupree MacBreyer, and Isaiah Washington who prematurely left the program.

Well there goes our double dye.

Gophers have no point guard play, couldn't keep Wisconsin's guards out of the lane, miss too many free throws, Kalscheur disappears on the road, critical defensive breakdown on the Ford dunk, Pritzl never misses a corner jumper (daggered Iowa last year as well in Carver)

We deserve better. Still a week to go but doesn't look good for double bye.
Win out and we have a double-bye. Doesn’t matter what else happens.

Really Iowa has nobody to blame but themselves. Can't lose to Nebraska. NW even managed to avoid that.

It will come down to the Illinois game and if they can't win that they probably don't deserve the double bye.
There’s context to that loss.

Coming off a gut-wrenching loss at PSU without CJ. Had to learn to play without him. Worst shooting night of the season.

Still ...

Coming off a gut-wrenching loss at PSU without CJ. Had to learn to play without him. Worst shooting night of the season.

Still ...
It's definitely the elephant in the room.

Share the B1G title and people will call out that game as the one that prevented the outright title

Finish a game back and it's the reason we didn't share the title.

Miss the double bye by one game and....

Chambers was still bringing up the Palestra game on the radio yesterday. Said the battle took just as much out of his players and they didn't have to travel halfway back across the country and play on the opposite end of the conference three days later. He did, however, point out that they also lost their next game and attributed it to a lack of energy.

Last edited:

Still ...

That PSU game in the sweat lodge was the definition of 1 loss turning into 2. PSU even paid for it in their next game.

The worst part is that game was unsafe for the players. Heat is one thing, both teams have to deal with it. The old Boston Garden was infamous for it. But they couldn't keep the floor dry and both teams were lucky to avoid serious injuries. A few years ago a game was postponed due to safety concerns. Yet this one continued when it was obvious the floor was a skating rink.

But oh well, I can't dwell on that. Everything is still in front of them. Like you said, win out and no worries and it probably won't matter much anyway. Regardless of seed, any potential game Iowa plays on Friday will be difficult.

Their guards make plays in the lane as well. And Pritzl is an underrated defensive player (just ask Gabe Kalscheur.)

Also they beat Penn State and Michigan on the road and will like!y do the same to Indiana. We accomplished none of the three.
I do not care what they do well. I hate them..

Is that for sure? I looked for any combination I could find to make us not the double bye and I couldn't find one. I'm pretty sure you're right.
I monkeyed around with the teams that matter and came up with a double-bye under every “plausible” scenario. But ... i’ve Been known to throw up a brick

That PSU game in the sweat lodge was the definition of 1 loss turning into 2. PSU even paid for it in their next game.

The worst part is that game was unsafe for the players. Heat is one thing, both teams have to deal with it. The old Boston Garden was infamous for it. But they couldn't keep the floor dry and both teams were lucky to avoid serious injuries. A few years ago a game was postponed due to safety concerns. Yet this one continued when it was obvious the floor was a skating rink.

But oh well, I can't dwell on that. Everything is still in front of them. Like you said, win out and no worries and it probably won't matter much anyway. Regardless of seed, any potential game Iowa plays on Friday will be difficult.
Remember when a Penn State player fell down, then Wieskamp fell in the same spot and lost the ball for a fast break layup? Those 2 points were pretty important in that close of a game. Man that game sucked. It's so dumb that an overly hot gym might very well have cost us our first title in 40 years.

Lou Henson, who was always looking for something to bitch about, accused Tom Davis of turning up the Carver thermostat, especially when we had those vintage running, pressing teams.

We didn't have to turn up anything in 1980's Carver. It was warm in there, warmer than the engineers ever planned. The ventilation system has since been updated and upgraded.

Our local high school gym, which is on the south side of the school where the solar panels are, can get a bit warm. Those late August/Early September volleyball games can get unbearable. Can't imagine trying to play in those conditions if you're not used to it.

I do not care what they do well. I hate them..
Its obvious who the issue was on their team.

It took them about ten days to get their bearings after Kobe King left, then they took off. Gard and the players, in their post game pressers, were all talk about brotherhood, having each other's backs, trusting your teammates and the process, playing for the name on the front if the jersey, that kind of stuff.

They just stole a game they should have lost. They couldn't hit threes, had critical defensive breakdowns, and critical mental breakdowns like giving Minnesota a point on a lane violation. But they made all they plays in the game's final minute.

F'n Badgers!

Its obvious who the issue was on their team.

It took them about ten days to get their bearings after Kobe King left, then they took off. Gard and the players, in their post game pressers, were all talk about brotherhood, having each other's backs, trusting your teammates and the process, playing for the name on the front if the jersey, that kind of stuff.

They just stole a game they should have lost. They couldn't hit threes, had critical defensive breakdowns, and critical mental breakdowns like giving Minnesota a point on a lane violation. But they made all they plays in the game's final minute.

F'n Badgers!

Eh, their dead to me we got them this year. The Nebby game is the one that sticks in the craw.

Lou Henson, who was always looking for something to bitch about, accused Tom Davis of turning up the Carver thermostat, especially when we had those vintage running, pressing teams.

We didn't have to turn up anything in 1980's Carver. It was warm in there, warmer than the engineers ever planned. The ventilation system has since been updated and upgraded.

Our local high school gym, which is on the south side of the school where the solar panels are, can get a bit warm. Those late August/Early September volleyball games can get unbearable. Can't imagine trying to play in those conditions if you're not used to it.

Wow, I had forgotten about Carver back then. I only went to a few games there but yeah that place was always warm and stuffy. I remember going there to warm up during tailgates for football games that where really cold.

Eh, their dead to me we got them this year. The Nebby game is the one that sticks in the craw.
Anytime Lucky, I mean Bucky, finishes ahead of Iowa in the standings it sticks in my craw. Their own fans were jumping off the bandwagon five weeks ago and have barely noticed the run they've been on. And these overly plump cheese mongers call themselves fans? Yeesh!

Double bye teams hold their own on the road. We will finish 2-8 or 3-7 in road conference play.

There's your difference. You saw Bucky and Sparty and the Turtle and the Chief come up huge on the road this week.
We’d likely be 5-5 or 6-4 if CJ hadn’t missed so many. I’m not afraid of any NCAA team on a neutral court with all 8 of our guys healthy. But I would be a fool to want KS earlier than absolutely necessary. I want a 6 in NCAA unless we can move up to a 3 (or 4 with 2 games close to home).

Latest posts