Other B1G games ...

Did anyone watch the end of Maryland vs OSU? Cowan got a technical for kicking Wesson I believe it was. Any chance they take a look at it and suspend him for the Minnesota game?
IMHO the kick was not aimed at anyone. He didnt touch him with the kick. I can see giving him the T for unsportsman like but not a suspension. If the kick would have connected intended or not, different story.

Bottom line .. .. Iowa finishes 3-1 it probably means a 3 seed. Finish 2-2 and it's probably a 5 seed. I'm talking BTT.

http://bball.notnothing.net/big10.php?sport=mbb
I think you are right on this projection. Maryland will be first, Illinois and PSU will tie for second. Iowa, Wisconsin, and Michigan State will tie for 4th. MSU will get the four seed by virtue of beating Wisconsin and Iowa in the regular season, if Iowa loses the game Tuesday night. If Iowa goes 3 and 1 then it will tie PSU and Illinois for second in my projection. Other than Michigan beating Purdue on the road this weekend the home court advantage was huge.

If Fredericks is able to go Tuesday that will improve Iowa's chances. I'm thinking starting Kreiner to guard Tillman might be an alternative to continue and rotate CJ in for JW and CM.

IMHO the kick was not aimed at anyone. He didnt touch him with the kick. I can see giving him the T for unsportsman like but not a suspension. If the kick would have connected intended or not, different story.
It was the right call. And there shouldn’t be a suspension.

I watched that whole game waiting for the grabbing defense we saw from OSU last week. It wasn’t there, because MD doesn’t prioritize motion and generally shoots rather than slashes.

Should be a fascinating B1G tourney stylistically. So much toughness.

The Big Ten is crazy this year. 9 teams with between 6-8 losses. They'll need a Rubik's Cube cheat code to figure out the seedings for the tournament. If Iowa can manage to go 13-7, they'll probably get a double bye. Otherwise, who the heck knows.

Agreed ...

Having seen them play...not a great team this year. I don't care what Iowa did to beat them, they got the job done. I'm more focused on PSU and MSU now, they are the ones we are trailing or tied with. Who cares about a team you swept and cannot do anything about. Obsessed?
Your focus on PSU and MSU is helping the Hawks how, exactly?

Interesting game

Rutgers up 2 with 37 seconds to go

Penn State with the ball

Damn, Penn State with a three

Game over, Lions win by one

Rough game, now they travel to IC for an early game

I have good vibes on the PSU game. I think we blow their doors off.

Too bad Hawks swing and miss on the Izzos. With MD pooping bed at lowly MN, could have been within a game of first.

Man, there is a freakin' lid on the Maryland basket.

Minnesota is up by 16. Nobody saw this coming. Minny has been playing poorly recently.

Last edited:

Latest posts