Other B1G games ...

Purdue, at home, has 15 points with only 5 minutes left in the first half, against Michigan. They had about 45 points at the same time against Iowa. Purdue is in a bit of trouble if they lose this game.

Yeah, they could be in trouble, don't really see them (Purdue) being a dance team, overall record is barely over .500, and there are too many BIG teams above them in conference record.

Purdue had a late run to win at Northwestern, then they crushed Iowa and also won at Indiana. Since then, they have lost three straight and it's looking like four after today. They will be 7-10 in B1G play with home games against Indiana and Rutgers to come, along with a game in Iowa City. They will probably lose one or two of those.

... and a couple of good ones. Would love to see Indiana knock off Penn State in Bloomington and OSU knock of Maryland in Columbus. We would be tied for 2nd place if the Hoosiers can come through for us.
Another reason to covet that double bye. We have a home game next year in the B1G-ACC challenge. A high conference finish could mean a potential matchup with Virginia, Louisville, or Duke.

That would bring a little non conference excitement to Carver.

Speaking of non-con. I watched Baylor v Kansas. I really don't know why, but I got the feeling the Hawks could play with either team. Maybe not win, but keep it close and that's what you want.

Simply my $.02 .. ..

Speaking of non-con. I watched Baylor v Kansas. I really don't know why, but I got the feeling the Hawks could play with either team. Maybe not win, but keep it close and that's what you want.

Simply my $.02 .. ..
2020 Luka Garza = 2008 Shonn Greene.

With Garza in the post, or Greene in the backfield, Iowa can play with any team in the country.

Another reason to covet that double bye. We have a home game next year in the B1G-ACC challenge. A high conference finish could mean a potential matchup with Virginia, Louisville, or Duke.

Way to think ahead, good thought

Good point. If we get everybody back next year and we play Duke in Carver that may be the most sought after ticket in a very long time. How do they determine the pairings for the B1G-ACCChallenge? Is it based on the past year results or projected finish for the coming year? It has produced some great games the past few years.

Good point. If we get everybody back next year and we play Duke in Carver that may be the most sought after ticket in a very long time. How do they determine the pairings for the B1G-ACCChallenge? Is it based on the past year results or projected finish for the coming year? It has produced some great games the past few years.
Probably a combination of both, plus potential TV ratings. MSU vs Duke or Maryland vs Louisville or Michigan vs North Carolina will always move meters. They were still trying to sell Indiana as a blue blood well into Crean's tenure.

I have no idea which ACC teams are up for road games next near but if Iowa finishes top three in the B1G they deserve a more attractive game than Pitt or Notre Dame or Wake Forest.

Latest posts