OT: Kiffin To USC

Wow...I am sure I'm reading it right, but my mind simply can't wrap itself around the idea of Kiffin leaving after one year at UT.

Kiffin should fit right in at USC with the NCAA infractions that program is facing. I mean at UT he was pretty good at breaking the rules so why not take the USC job where players family lives for free in mansions, stars get cars, and the whole athletics program can do what it wants without any problems from the NCAA......

Wow...I am sure I'm reading it right, but my mind simply can't wrap itself around the idea of Kiffin leaving after one year at UT.

You must not recall the bobby petrino chronicles. Or nick saban's "essays on loyalty"?

Kiffin should fit right in at USC with the NCAA infractions that program is facing. I mean at UT he was pretty good at breaking the rules so why not take the USC job where players family lives for free in mansions, stars get cars, and the whole athletics program can do what it wants without any problems from the NCAA......

Well obviously he will fit in...he should be pretty familiar with the infractions since he probably masterminded them...

I don't understand this sentiment. USC is a better job than Tenn. USC is where Kiffin got his start in coaching. He is familiar with West Coast recruiting, he knows the SC system, and he has a record of success at the school.

Why wouldn't he go to USC? The only thing that I don't like is now he won't be getting into slap fights with Urban Meyer.

This is a great hire for the every conference but the pac 10. Kiffin is another ron zook! He can recruit, but he can't do anything with talent. Yeah he lead Tenn this year to a bowl game, but seriously the SEC was watered down this year. Outside of Florida and Bama, there really was no one else. LSU was okay, but Ole Miss bit the big one, Auburn wasn't that good.

I really don't understand this hire, I hear Muschamp from Texas is Tenn #1 target, I think he would be a good coach, but now will he leave the promise land of Texas, to head to Tenn? I can't believe all these coaching changes, doesn't anyone honor commitment anymore?

You must not recall the bobby petrino chronicles. Or nick saban's "essays on loyalty"?

I don't understand this sentiment. USC is a better job than Tenn. USC is where Kiffin got his start in coaching. He is familiar with West Coast recruiting, he knows the SC system, and he has a record of success at the school.

Why wouldn't he go to USC? The only thing that I don't like is now he won't be getting into slap fights with Urban Meyer.

I can't really explain it. I'm not sure why I feel so surprised that this took place...I just am. ::shrug::

Ghost, you make completely valid points. It does make sense...for some reason I just thought Monte's little boy was settling in for a run in the SEC.

Again, ::shrug::...

This crap is happening way too much and should make all of us greatful for the loyal and quality coach we have here.

This crap is happening way too much and should make all of us greatful for the loyal and quality coach we have here.

Most coahces and schools are only as loyal as their options. Say Urban Meyer left Florida, and they hired a new coach, then all of a sudden he wanted back in. Do you think UT would have fired Kiffin to bring in Meyer? In a heartbeat.

It sucks for UT, but I cannot begrudge Kiffin for going to USC. USC is just a straight up better job.

Part of me thinks that Kiffin is just USC's sacrificial lamb to get them through the crap that might be coming their way...

Has anyone ridden their father's coat tails further than Lane Kiffin?

With the exception of Dale Earnhardt Jr. of course.