OT: Josh Christensen at KCRG let go

HaydenHawk56

What is up with this one? He looked like he could be the next John Campbell at some point (hair and all). Seems like a real good guy and does a great job covering area sports. Don't get this one. Anyone know more about this?

What is up with this one? He looked like he could be the next John Campbell at some point (hair and all). Seems like a real good guy and does a great job covering area sports. Don't get this one. Anyone know more about this?
Damn I havent watched the local news in years, couldnt even tell you who any of the anchors/sports commentators are

Josh is a friend, good at his job and a hard worker. He will land on his feet.

It's cost cutting. Those of us in the media know the hammer can drop any day.

That sucks, broadcasting and sports journalism is such a tough field these days where everyone with a keyboard or a mic/cam can be an armchair analyst.

This is what News stations replace good people with. She's young and inexperienced but says a whole lot of nothing.

The situation in Champaign is getting really bad, there is a drug war going on in Chicago that has moved out from Chicago. It's even in our local nearby small town so I'm not trying to make light of a bad situation, but this reporter does an awful job.

Back to the subject, yes as Rob said it's likely cost-cutting and unfortunate.

That is good to hear is more along the lines of money and not performance. But, the thing I don't get it I believe he has been there the 2nd longest next to Scott. However, admittingly I don't know the internal workings of the news station. Seniority must not be the only factor.

Still, I think it it KCRG's loss. He was a good one.

You would also think they would give him a better send off like they have done with others who have left the station.

They also have like what....5 weather people there?

Last edited:
He started as sports director before moving to news anchor and is closing in on fifty years. He has been at KWWL through the tenure of ten US presidents.
Totally unrelated but the presidents comment reminded me of a series of pictures I saw the other day with Queen Elizabeth and every US President since Lincoln.

Totally unrelated but the presidents comment reminded me of a series of pictures I saw the other day with Queen Elizabeth and every US President since Lincoln.
She's been alive going back to Warren Harding if I'm not mistaken. So we're talking probably 40% of this country's presidents.

I think it was a joke

Jeez, he got me looking at the list of Presidents hoping it would be true. The earliest one I found with the Queen was Truman, which was neat. The Queen has met with 13 of the last 14 Presidents, the exception was Lyndon Johnson for some reason. Looks like she also met with Hoover but it was long after he had left office.

Thanks for the detour Stanzi! That was a fun little history lesson. lol