OT FOR MODS - Site issue on mobile

okeefe4prez

JD and Rob - if you try to access the HawkeyeNation boards on an iPhone 7, the page seems to have been hacked by some ransomware claiming you have 4 viruses. My firm gave me an iPhone 7 about 10 days ago as part of a data security plan and my phone has no apps on it other than stock apps and a couple of tight security things the firm put on it. It's been on maybe 10 webpages and it just goes bonkers on HN, so if you guys have a security provider, you should ask them to look into this because my IT guys said there is no problem with my phone. The redirect seems to be going to either "us.cognizes612jt.pw" or "us.hydrolyzes217xs.pw" whenever I try to access HN's forums from the iPhone and it doesn't do it every time, but probably 1 out of 4 times. If you send me your number, I can text you the exact link that is attempting the redirect.

Mods who care about technical issues you say?

Laughing-Men-In-Suits.jpg

I get the same crap on Android. Plus my wife is convinced that I'm trying to hook up with that 40+ chick that's on every page of this site.

I was having something similar happen on my Android phone. Site navigation & load times were also very slow making the website nearly impossible to view. I cleared my browser cache and it seems all is good now.

JD and Rob - if you try to access the HawkeyeNation boards on an iPhone 7, the page seems to have been hacked by some ransomware claiming you have 4 viruses. My firm gave me an iPhone 7 about 10 days ago as part of a data security plan and my phone has no apps on it other than stock apps and a couple of tight security things the firm put on it. It's been on maybe 10 webpages and it just goes bonkers on HN, so if you guys have a security provider, you should ask them to look into this because my IT guys said there is no problem with my phone. The redirect seems to be going to either "us.cognizes612jt.pw" or "us.hydrolyzes217xs.pw" whenever I try to access HN's forums from the iPhone and it doesn't do it every time, but probably 1 out of 4 times. If you send me your number, I can text you the exact link that is attempting the redirect.
Maybe you need to be in the right forum....check this thread out. The suggestion by chicken lounge was very successful and by that I mean it worked. Sure is super fast now.

https://www.hawkeyenation.com/forum/threads/fake-anti-virus-pop-ups-that-kidnap-your-browser.79668/

I had this problem for awhile on Android but it seems to have stopped awhile ago...maybe a few months ago.

I have had other issues the desktop chrome browser on the site as well. I'm pretty sure it's related to certain video ads that hang the browser for 5+ seconds at a time. Super annoying. I have yet to try other browsers since I'm lazy and it doesn't happen all the time.

I had this problem for awhile on Android but it seems to have stopped awhile ago...maybe a few months ago.

I have had other issues the desktop chrome browser on the site as well. I'm pretty sure it's related to certain video ads that hang the browser for 5+ seconds at a time. Super annoying. I have yet to try other browsers since I'm lazy and it doesn't happen all the time.

I've straight up had the site start making buzzer sounds at me at work - and a voice come on and say "YOU'RE COMPUTER HAS BEEN INFECTED WITH A VIRUS" .....

I've straight up had the site start making buzzer sounds at me at work - and a voice come on and say "YOU'RE COMPUTER HAS BEEN INFECTED WITH A VIRUS" .....

Yeah I've seen that too. To be honest I don't think it's an actual virus at that point. I think it wants to scare you to get you to click on the next link that then installs malware and viruses.

I think sometimes these ads get bundled in with legit ads and have to be snuffed out. I'm sure Jon doesn't approve each and every advertisement for the site, they just sell the rights to advertise on the site and another company handles the actual ad content. But Jon should be able to report these malicious ads to the ad company I would assume.

In general this site is brutal to access on a phone. I have android and using Chrome to access it. Never have had good luck.

Latest posts