OT Cubs basically equal Iowa St football

Cubs.jpg

Haha, good one. Except that the Cubs don't suck anymore. And they won't suck next year, either.

So they didn't win the World Series this year.. They were still good enough to beat the almighty Cardinals in a post-season series. They just need to make a couple more moves to get them over the hump. 97 wins this year.. Not bad for a team that finished dead last a year ago.

Again, not putting them down for what they are doing, but until they do it........they are the Cubs. Just like we say to the clowns until you start winning your league all you basically have is your superbowl games.

Come on, that's exactly what you are doing otherwise you wouldn't have started this thread.

If Isu was a baseball team, they would win 60 games but be happy cause they take 2 outta 3 from the Cards and Giants in weekday series' in June.

Dan is a hall of fame quarterback. I would argue that the Miami Dolphin Football Program as a whole has had more success than the Cubs and Clowns Football put together historically. Big difference here.

This was kind of my ******* point.

How many times have they said that about the Cubs and how many times do they at the end of the year say wait until next year? Not saying the Cubs are not going to win it next year.....that would be A ok in my book. Just saying I will not hold my breath.

Anyone holding their breath on ANY team winning the World Series is a moron. How many people thought the Nationals were going to roll over everyone this year, only to see them miss the playoffs? The Dodgers were the 2014 Opening Day favorites and got knocked out of the NLDS in 4. The Nationals were the favorite before 2013 and missed the playoffs. It's baseball, crazy **** happens during the season and in the playoffs.

Again, not putting them down for what they are doing, but until they do it........they are the Cubs. Just like we say to the clowns until you start winning your league all you basically have is your superbowl games.

Again, I'm not saying they are completely alike. Just saying they are both basically alike in that they both typically end their seasons historically with similar results. This was suppose to be in response to deanvogs.

Last edited:
Anyone holding their breath on ANY team winning the World Series is a moron. How many people thought the Nationals were going to roll over everyone this year, only to see them miss the playoffs? The Dodgers were the 2014 Opening Day favorites and got knocked out of the NLDS in 4. The Nationals were the favorite before 2013 and missed the playoffs. It's baseball, crazy **** happens during the season and in the playoffs.

Exhibit A: Daniel Murphy

Again, I'm not saying they are completely alike. Just saying they are both basically alike in that they both typically end their seasons historically with similar results. This was suppose to be in response to deanvogs.

Yet this season was NOTHING like an ISU football season, save for the lack of a championship. And contrary to simplicity, if you aren't first, that doesn't mean you're last.

This Cubs season would be like if ISU went out and hired a Bob Stoops and Urban Meyer combo to take over their football program, brought in the number one ranked recruiting class in the country, went 12-1 in the regular season while starting 9 true freshman and then got blown out in the first round of the CFB playoffs. That would be a similar season.

Latest posts