OT Cubs basically equal Iowa St football

the author of this thread is clueless ... the Cubs are loaded and will be the betting favorite to win the WS in 2016 ... Theo has done a fantastic job rebuilding their farm system and they are loaded at the corners with two studs good for 70 home runs combined per year for the next 5-10 years

do your homework ... I am a LIFE LONG CARDS FAN and you obviously don't follow baseball

How many times have they said that about the Cubs and how many times do they at the end of the year say wait until next year? Not saying the Cubs are not going to win it next year.....that would be A ok in my book. Just saying I will not hold my breath.

How many times have they said that about the Cubs and how many times do they at the end of the year say wait until next year? Not saying the Cubs are not going to win it next year.....that would be A ok in my book. Just saying I will not hold my breath.

If you don't know the difference between the organization now and the organization just 10 years ago, go do some research and come back a bit more informed. If you are truly a Cubs fan like you say you are, you will be very interested to see the changes they have made from the bottom up. If you want to compare the current team (and organization as a whole) to the team they have fielded for 100+ years before the Ricketts bought them, you are way off.

If you don't know the difference between the organization now and the organization just 10 years ago, go do some research and come back a bit more informed. If you are truly a Cubs fan like you say you are, you will be very interested to see the changes they have made from the bottom up. If you want to compare the current team (and organization as a whole) to the team they have fielded for 100+ years before the Ricketts bought them, you are way off.

Not even ten years ago, just five years ago. It is an amazing change, literally and figuratively, rebuilding the entire organization from the ground up. The Cubs had one of the smallest front offices in the MLB under Hendry, there were members of the front office that didn't use email in 2009! They had secretaries print off the transaction lists and drop them off on their desk. The Cubs now have the best and one of the biggest front offices in all of baseball. They are a model organization now that's loaded with young talent and is going to be a serious contender for a long time now.

Don't know about that, never won a title, just like ISU football.

He probably won a conference title at San Diego and may have won a Pac-12 one at Stanford (too lazy to look up). He won the NFC Championship. All of those things far outweigh anything the Cyclones have done.

The Cubs won the WS in 1908, more than a century ago, but at least they've won something in their history, unlike ISU.

Just think this thread is fraught with poor comparisons.

Good job Theo, Maddon and the Cubs for the great season you had. Go get em next year!

Another season with no title to their name. Choke Cubs Choke...what a joke. Way to show up against a team you owned in the regular season.

Unless Harry Caray pulls a MSU fumble punt return out of his grave bag of tricks, Cubs are 2 innings away from another big time letdown.

The Cubs didn't choke. Yeah, it was a craptacular series, but anyone who follows baseball knows that isn't the same Mets team that the Cubs owned in the first half of the season. Now 2003, that was a severe choke job.

And unlike ISU - the Cubs have the resources to win. They've finally got a competent front office, big market and revenue, big fan base.. All things ISU doesn't have, nor will ever have.

Cubs will win a WS long before ISU ever wins anything of consequence.

Gets old waiting, though.

No question, young talent, got pitching issues. But man, some of the old cubs fans (most, if not all) got to be thinking will I ever be alive when they finally get it all put together?

Would have been a hell of story with the whole Back to the Future Theme.

Now this post, i agree with. Outside of Arrieta, who was untouchable (until his last two starts) and Lester (who is decent, not dominant), the Cubs really need some more beef in their rotation.

Sure wouldn't mind a good contact hitter somewhere in this lineup as well.

ISU had only four easy games this season and they lost two of them. So, yes.

What? Clown fans told us they were gonna be 5-0 because the schedule was sooooo easy to start the season

UNI, Toledo, Kansas, Texas, Texas Tech, WVU, K-State are all easy games. Over half of ISU's schedule was cake, the only tough games were Iowa, Ok. st., Ok., TCU and Baylor.

Not saying it is not going to pay off. I'm not a huge baseball fan, but was a fan of the Cubs as a kid and casually follow them. Historically, just know that the Cubs have not it all together in 100+ years and have only won their division like 3X in the 2000s ( current modern Era).

So, I'm not holding my breath until I see it happen. I just hope it is sooner than later and feel sorry for a lot of older Cubs fans as seasons like this have not come around a lot for the program.

So, historically, symbolically, from a program perspective, I look at them a lot like the Clowns in football. Cubs are just a little bit better and are more likeable.

Not saying it is not going to pay off. I'm not a huge baseball fan, but was a fan of the Cubs as a kid and casually follow them. Historically, just know that the Cubs have not it all together in 100+ years and have only one their division like 3X in the 2000s ( current modern Era).

So, I'm not holding my breath until I see it happen. I just hope it is sooner than later and feel sorry for a lot of older Cubs fans as seasons like this have not come around a lot for the program.

Everyone knows the Cubs' history (or lack thereof). Again, if you are going to dog this team for their history at least do your research so you understand what they are doing to rectify it.

Dan Marino has no Super Bowl rings. Therefore, Dan Marino basically equals Ryan Leaf.

Dan is a hall of fame quarterback. I would argue that the Miami Dolphin Football Program as a whole has had more success than the Cubs and Clowns Football put together historically. Big difference here.

Everyone knows the Cubs' history (or lack thereof). Again, if you are going to dog this team for their history at least do your research so you understand what they are doing to rectify it.

Again, not putting them down for what they are doing, but until they do it........they are the Cubs. Just like we say to the clowns until you start winning your league all you basically have is your superbowl games.

Again, not putting them down for what they are doing, but until they do it........they are the Cubs.

The Cubs and Clowns are nothing alike. The Clowns have never won their conference (the Cubs have won their division numerous time) The Clowns have a tiny fan base, the Cubs a huge fan base. The Clowns play in a dump, the Cubs play in one of the most famous sports venues. The Clowns make no money, the Cubs make huge dollars. The Clowns don't move the national media dial, the Cubs dominate the national media. I could go on and on, as there is literally zero comparison between the two.

Latest posts