OT - Congratulations to my Cubbies - Iowa/NU more crazy

okeefe4prez

It has been a tough journey, but my Cubbies have powered through to the NLCS. For those of you coming to the Northwestern game on Saturday, I suggest you pace yourself or build in some nap time because that Saturday night will be one of the biggest nights in the history of Chicago even though it is a road game.

A tip-of-the-golf-hat to a team that won a nice five game opening series against a team without a fully healthy cy-young pitcher, 2nd pitcher, all-star catcher, 1B'man, LF'er, on and on.

I'll check back when you win the pennant.

BTW....what you're hearing isn't Cubbie excitement....it's down-right relief.

4f88e97f8b4e1.preview-620.jpg

A tip-of-the-golf-hat to a team that won a nice five game opening series against a team without a fully healthy cy-young pitcher, 2nd pitcher, all-star catcher, 1B'man, LF'er, on and on.

I'll check back when you win the pennant.

BTW....what you're hearing isn't Cubbie excitement....it's down-right relief.

Oh, on cue, the Cardinals fans roll in here making excuses. "Oh, it was only a five game series." "Our pitcher had a boo boo." Blah blah blah. Isn't one of Iowa State's official colors "Cardinal?" Can't say I'm surprised.

Oh, on cue, the Cardinals fans roll in here making excuses. "Oh, it was only a five game series." "Our pitcher had a boo boo." Blah blah blah. Isn't one of Iowa State's official colors "Cardinal?" Can't say I'm surprised.
Shouldn't you be concentrating on the Northwestern loss on Saturday.

Difference there is Cards know how to win, CUbs not so much so CUBs more like Clowns than anything there

Cubs fans = ISU fans....such a perfect correlation it hurts.

Cubs could get swept in the pennant series but all we'll hear all winter is 'Yeah, but we beat the Cardinals.'

It has been a tough journey, but my Cubbies have powered through to the NLCS. For those of you coming to the Northwestern game on Saturday, I suggest you pace yourself or build in some nap time because that Saturday night will be one of the biggest nights in the history of Chicago even though it is a road game.
F

Last edited:
Cubs fans = ISU fans....such a perfect correlation it hurts.

Cubs could get swept in the pennant series but all we'll hear all winter is 'Yeah, but we beat the Cardinals.'

Sorry man, but no correlation at all. ISU fans is one of the smallest fan bases in college football, and the Cubs fan base is one of the largest in all of major league BB.

You certainly seems to be crying like a Clown now tho Seth.

Sorry man, but no correlation at all. ISU fans is one of the smallest fan bases in college football, and the Cubs fan base is one of the largest in all of major league BB.

You certainly seems to be crying like a Clown now tho Seth.

It's "seem" (singular)...thank you, thank you very much.

but....but....but weren't the cardinals supposed to be the best in all of baseball? They had 100 wins and nobody had more than them. Then when they get their a$$ handed to them they pull the NEBRASKA card out and like a bunch of whinny husker fans. I swear the 2 fan bases are identical. Enjoy those rings because it's gonna be a long long time before you ever get close to one again! HAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAHAAAAAA!!!!!

Wow lots of butt hurt from Cardinal nation tonight. Have fun sitting at home with your 100 wins watching the Cubs (who are ahead of schedule) while they continue to play baseball in October.
P.S. You might want to get used to it, we will be good for awhile.

Wow lots of butt hurt from Cardinal nation tonight. Have fun sitting at home with your 100 wins watching the Cubs (who are ahead of schedule) while they continue to play baseball in October.
P.S. You might want to get used to it, we will be good for awhile.
Go F-yourself!