OSU baby!! OT

Preseason I thought Iowa, Illinois, Wisconsin and Rutgers would be the top 4 teams in the conference. It didn’t pan out in the regular season but all 4 are headed to the Round of 32.
You can't beat veteran experience this time of the year, and those four teams have it. Wisconsin played their best offensive game of the year. They were able to run their swing offense without all the hand checking and bumping they would have encountered in a B1G game.

Hopefully that will benefit our offense, particularly CJ. Meanwhile Rutgers looked like seasoned vets who have seen a rodeo or two. They didn't panic when their 11 point lead evaporated late, they just went out and executed. And Pikiell made good use of his bench and timeouts.

Purdue's youth finally caught up to them, and like Ohio State they missed some big free throws that would have prevented OT. I also thought they were quick shooting when they should have been getting it inside.

I don't know what happened to the Buckeyes, who had veteran experience in their backcourt and a decent post player. But thats why they call it March Madness.

Last edited:
You can't beat veteran experience this time of the year, and those four teams have it. Wisconsin played their best offensive game of the year. They were able to run their swing offense without all the hand checking and bumping they would have encountered in a B1G game.

Hopefully that will benefit our offense, particularly CJ. Meanwhile Rutgers looked like seasoned vets who have seen a rodeo or two. They didn't panic when their 11 point lead evaporated late, they just went out and executed. And Piekell made good use of his bench and timeouts.

Purdue's youth finally caught up to them, and like Ohio State they missed some big free throws that would have prevented OT. I also thought they were quick shooting when they should have been getting it inside.

I don't know what happened to the Buckeyes, who had veteran experience in their backcourt and a decent post player. But thats why they call it March Madness.
I agree with all of your points. Experience is the best thing you can have besides talent, which you need just to get to this point. Hopefully that bodes well for us.

I think OSU really missed Kyle Young in this game. But they should have been able to close the deal and they didn't.

OSU.........5 games in the last 10 days

ORU........1 game in the last 10 days

As long as we’re throwing some reasons out there for OSU’s defeat.

OH I don't know....these are 18-22 year old males in the prime of their lives. I don't think fatigue has a lot to do with it.

Preseason I thought Iowa, Illinois, Wisconsin and Rutgers would be the top 4 teams in the conference. It didn’t pan out in the regular season but all 4 are headed to the Round of 32.

Wisky and Rutgers can grind you out in a half court game. Illinois has the one player that can carry you 4,5,6 games in a tournament setting and Iowa has the most efficient offense in the country. Not sure if that was your thought process, but that looks like how it is going to play out.

I don't know.....Max Abmas is very,very good.

Possible factor, but that can cut both ways. You can also get rusty with the long layoff.

I agree with Seth. This is what these kids work year round for. That alone should be an extra adrenaline source. If they're tired, there had better be a good reason for it.

If were going to use a grueling BTT run as a factor than it should have been mentioned for the past fifteen years as a possible cause for our opening round loss to NW State and I'm not sure if that has ever been brought up as a possible cause.

I agree with all of your points. Experience is the best thing you can have besides talent, which you need just to get to this point. Hopefully that bodes well for us.

I think OSU really missed Kyle Young in this game. But they should have been able to close the deal and they didn't.
I agree on Young. His absence was definitely a factor.

Hopefully that will benefit our offense, particularly CJ. Meanwhile Rutgers looked like seasoned vets who have seen a rodeo or two. They didn't panic when their 11 point lead evaporated late, they just went out and executed. And Pikiell made good use of his bench and timeouts.

OSU...I thought Walker looked very energetic down the stretch. He should have had the ball in his hands at the of regulation over Washington IMO.

Latest posts