Orange Bowl Championship banner @ Kinnick

Looks good! I wonder how long they will keep it up. I would like to see it in person, but I have a feeling that once spring practice starts Kirk and Co. will not let the players bask in the glory of the bowl win any longer.

And, surprising that people still think the University/State pays for the athletic department's expenses.

love it and love hearing ppl complain about the costs!

Trust me...as someone who sits on boards that give money away and other ones that create economic and industrial development (yes, I know that's redundant), people will find a reason to kvetch about anything, even things that directly benefit them or should make them proud.

So I'd invite you to live by the same motto that I do when it comes to such people:

F the haters.

The comments in that article were ridiculous.

The comments after most articles are a cesspool of stupidity, ignorance, and brazen idiocy promoted by the anonymity afforded by the medium.

Remember, kids, you can't fix stupid. Really. You can't. So don't bother. If you must engage stupidity, ridicule it.

The comments in that article were ridiculous.

the comments are fairly ironic, or moronic as it may be - that a 'game' doesn't help people. Think of all the people this game has helped. Jobs created, donations given, etc., etc, etc, all because of this game. the benefits are absolutely countless.

Looks awesome. I'm looking forward to the Rose Bowl banner hanging by it next year.

Great advertising. Folks entering and leaving the U. of I. hospital will see this.

The University needs to advertise the Orange Bowl win anyway they can and take full advantage of it.

It would be awesome to hang a Rose Bowl banner next to it next year, and then a National Championship banner next to those two the following year. That would be quite a trifecta!

It would be awesome to hang a Rose Bowl banner next to it next year, and then a National Championship banner next to those two the following year. That would be quite a trifecta!

Oh, I don't know. I'd be willing to skip the Rose Bowl banner and go straight for the NC.

the comments are fairly ironic, or moronic as it may be - that a 'game' doesn't help people. Think of all the people this game has helped. Jobs created, donations given, etc., etc, etc, all because of this game. the benefits are absolutely countless.

Dont forget how it has helped young men come out of bad situations of where they grew up, and help make better lives for them.

Latest posts