One thing that really bothers me

And I am in no way blaming this loss on the referees. Sure, I do think there was some home cooking, but we struggled besides them.

But seriously, when did it become ok for a defensive back to have his hand on the receiver from the snap all the way down the field? One of the big reasons why there was so many sacks today was that nates first option was taken away by the mugging that was going on.

The fix was in for Save Jimmy Day. The Big Ten Officials only have helped delay the pain for them. Penn St, MSU, Notre Dame, Ohio St. No title for Jimmy and his crap team this year.

And I am in no way blaming this loss on the referees. Sure, I do think there was some home cooking, but we struggled besides them.

But seriously, when did it become ok for a defensive back to have his hand on the receiver from the snap all the way down the field? One of the big reasons why there was so many sacks today was that nates first option was taken away by the mugging that was going on.

Correct hIll got away with straight mugging of Smith all day. Was a complete JOKE!!!!

What bothers me is Iowa coaching staff can't make adjustments during the course of a game. If iowas OL coach can't prepare his players better than this then he needs replaced.

Well, the most outrageous non-call happened in the Northwestern/Nebraska game. Fast forward to the 3:30 mark of the video. Game tied late in the 4th quarter and Northwestern moving. How is this not pass interference?

Because it was in Lincoln.

What bothers me is we are inept on offense AGAIN, and our genius coaching staff cannot make a single adjustment. We have a senior qb that is a complete statue and doesn't have the slightest clue how to handle a blitz. Jesus, weren't people talking about how mobil he was? He can't even try and side step a rusher. Just stands there and kind of does a half spin and takes the sack. We look like tough guys against bottom feeder MAC teams though, and Nate can pad his stats. Yeah, the refs sucked, but no game is decided by the officials. We got away with some holding that wasn't called, so it could have been worse, as did Michigan. Tired of hearing how Doyle is a genius as well. Our line is weak and slow. They got pummeled yesterday.

Well, the most outrageous non-call happened in the Northwestern/Nebraska game. Fast forward to the 3:30 mark of the video. Game tied late in the 4th quarter and Northwestern moving. How is this not pass interference?

That was horrible. Right before this happened the refs had called 2 or 3 penalties in a row against nubby. The crowd was booing like hell. These refs got intimidated by the crowd thus no call against nubby again. Unfair as hell.

How could we not get our running game established against that line? Too much down and distance and we actually converted our share of those, like we did in Ames. But you can't keep going to the well time and time again.

We play like that in Madison and it will be a beatdown similar to the last time we were up there-or worse.

Deace and others can go on and on about how great Don Brown is......it could very well be true, but Iowa being so inept on offense lost that game. I do not care how many 4 and 5 star recruits Michigan has on defense Iowa should at least be able to generate 13 points on offense.

Last edited:
The Sargeant fumble was very odd to say the least. Unless I’m missing something there was no reason to fumble that.
it was a broken play from the beginning, i'd have to watch it again but I know it was a draw, which we don't run a lot of, but it looked like either (in real time) Stanley turned the wrong way, sargent went to the wrong side, or Stanley gave it to him with the wrong hand. I dont remember, i'd have to look at it again, but it just looked really awkward to start, then sargent went right into the line rather than making a cut. Mass calamity, real wrath of god type stuff......dogs and cats living together.....ya know ghostbusters type of stuff.

How could we not get our running game established against that line? Too much down and distance and we actually converted our share of those, like we did in Ames. But you can't keep going to the well time and time again.

We play like that in Madison and it will be a beatdown similar to the last time we were up there-or worse.

The one time you wanted Iowa to stick with their “do what we do” philosophy they pick the one game to go away from that. I think BF did some over thinking in this game.

yeah there was a lot of game after this specific play but if you realize they didn't call that egregious call of a hold on martin in the end zone on third down, that play was huge. why so huge. if they call that hold we have first and goal at like the 2. 10-7, whole different ball game.
Just finally able to watch the whole game without any distractions, and the missed PI against marsette early in the game and this obvious grab to hold Oliver back from jumping, both had me laughing. To a lesser extent on the 2nd drive ragani gets hooked on a crosser and that's why Nate double pumps. The first half missed calls really hurt Iowa. 10-7 is a totally different game.
Also I think Iowa for whatever reason gave up on the run in plus territory.

Latest posts