On to Purdue

clim

Ok it sucked. Let it go. Let's focus on beating Purdue. We need this one.

Go hawks.

That despised rival who's name we should not ever mention aloud.

purdue%20Iowa%201931%20off%20ebay.jpg

Just win.

A breakthrough on offense would be nice on top of a win. To be clear...a "breakthrough" means 27+ points IMO (sad...but true)....baby steps.

NOTE - SPARTY SCORED 14 points against Purdue.
--------------------------------------------------------

2013 OVERALL FBS RANKINGS

PASSING YARDS

100th
Overall

RUSHING YARDS

121st Overall

POINTS FOR

124th Overall

POINTS AGAINST

114th Overall

Purdue has some bad stats. Way bad.
However somehow Iowa will make them look like heroes.
It is a must win, really. Would a loss create enough havoc to get KF gone?

Lets not forget, Iowa lost to pathetic MN teams up in TCF 2010 and 2011. Purdue bad.
And KF got to keep his job.
Those two losses, to me, are the worst in his tenure.

I don't care if it looks pretty, just get a win and the bye week comes at a great time considering how banged up the Hawks are right now.

I can't believe we opened in Vegas as a 14 1/2 point favorite and the line is moving towards Iowa even more. Up to 15 1/2 now. Apparently Purdue is that turrible.

I can't believe we opened in Vegas as a 14 1/2 point favorite and the line is moving towards Iowa even more. Up to 15 1/2 now. Apparently Purdue is that turrible.

they are averaging less than 5 points per game in the Big 10. They are that bad. This would be the worst loss of the Ferentz era, but Iowa isn't losing this game.

Iowa will win. Whoop de doo. Purdue is horrendous. Beating them proves nothing. It will only embolden the Kool-aid drinkers to wind up the "see I told you so" threads.

Then it's idle week, then same as it ever was.

Man, I'm even more negative than usual.

That despised rival who's name we should not ever mention aloud.

purdue%20Iowa%201931%20off%20ebay.jpg

This team is much better than the 31 team. They are playing well on the road. If they bring the same intensity as they did against the goofers they win handily.

On the other hand the 31 team was at a low point. This was following the probation. Even the task of scheduling games was hard. The year prior the only Western conference game Iowa played was against Purdue. So recruiting and keeping players was nearly impossible. With the exception of the powerful Oliver Sansen most of Iowa's line up was makeshift. Sansen was the best fullback in the conference, but without guys like Willy Glassgow to block for, as he did on that good 1929 team, the offense was not very productive.

Coach Ingwarsen resigned after that season as a coaching career that started with promise ended not so great, all though he can't be blamed for what happened with the slush funds. Sansen would go on ti have a successful career in professional football. Go hawks, fight on!

Iowa will win. Whoop de doo. Purdue is horrendous. Beating them proves nothing. It will only embolden the Kool-aid drinkers to wind up the "see I told you so" threads.

You're correct that a win wouldn't really prove much as to the quality of the team, but it would make us bowl eligible, which is huge when you are trying to turn a program around. (I wish the program didn't have to be turned around at this point, but that is a subject for another thread.)

Could happen. Although the potential "I Told Ya So" thread number might decrease when Idle scores a TD on us after fake punt.

I'm not so sure, I noticed Iowa's punt safe formation used a lot last week, it did the job. The bad-gers were in a lot of spots around midfield where they could have attempted a fake but they did not see it working.

If we somehow lose this game, there may be another mass banning in the making on HN. It will be like a train wreck you somehow can't stop looking at.

If we somehow lose this game, there may be another mass banning in the making on HN. It will be like a train wreck you somehow can't stop looking at.
Losing Saturday likely means winning 9 games in 2 seasons.. Which also makes me want to puke.

IMO, make or break for Ferentz.
You know half of Memorial Stadium in Lincoln were not cheering when Debbie won, because they knew that Pelini will be around a little bit longer.

Latest posts