On to Purdue

Purdue is 0-4, but they've lost to Wisconsin, Nebraska, MSU and OSU.
Their next 4 games are Iowa, at PSU, Illinois and at Indiana.

Iowa is a 15-point favorite on the road?!
Last time Iowa was favored by 15 or more was........in 1992! (We lost 27-16).
Last time Iowa beat Purdue by more than 15 was in 2005 (34-17) and 2006 (47-17).

I've seen too many games at West Lafayette and Bloomington, where a supposedly dominant Iowa team struggles.

This team seems to play better on the road (at Iowa State, at Minnesota, at Ohio State).
I just don't see a 15 or more point victory for Iowa.
Victory? Nervous yes, but we've seen Iowa crap against horrible teams in the past.

Last edited:
All I can say folks is 2010 and 2011 Goofers. Those were some mighty bad MN teams, and Iowa laid ostrich eggs. Man I hope they come to play on Saturday.

Yeah but those teams had a decent playmaker (gray?), this Purdue team is literally maybe the worst b1g team since like the NW teams of the 80's. They are ave. 4.7ppg in the b1g and have not scored a redzone TD in the ENTIRE month of Oct. They scored 2 the whole month in total outside of it. They needed a miracle finish to beat div 2 Indiana st. as their only win. Even for the kool aid fan... a loss here is unforgiveable. I think Iowa gets it done like 24-7.

After seeing those stats I think the 1931 Iowa team could beat this years Purdont team. I'd take 1931 Iowa 7-0.

Iowa Historical Scores

Whoa pardners. Yes, I know the past and history don't suit up, but, take a look how Iowa has faired @ Ross-Ade.

Now take a look at how OSU played there in the past and look at what they did to them last Saturday. :D

Scores of past games are irrelevant, this is probably the worst Purdue team of all time. If Iowa losses this game KF should be fired immediately and not allowed to travel back to Iowa with the team.

Need to win...convincingly....and play a clean game.

If we were to somehow lose this game...my word...even I would likely be calling for change at hc.

Purdue is probably the third worst team on the schedule ahead of only Westen Michigan and Missouri State. They should win easily.

Many predicted that Iowa would win 5-6 games this year. They can win their 6th game this weekend with a chance to maybe win a 7th. So they will either meet or exceed expectations. My question then is why are people so upset? Because they lost to the three best teams in the Big Ten in which they were in all games in the third quarter? All three of those teams had a bye week before playing Iowa as well which certainly helps. And they are just more talented than Iowa this year.

Purdue is probably the third worst team on the schedule ahead of only Westen Michigan and Missouri State. They should win easily.

Many predicted that Iowa would win 5-6 games this year. They can win their 6th game this weekend with a chance to maybe win a 7th. So they will either meet or exceed expectations. My question then is why are people so upset? Because they lost to the three best teams in the Big Ten in which they were in all games in the third quarter? All three of those teams had a bye week before playing Iowa as well which certainly helps. And they are just more talented than Iowa this year.

I plan on bumping the preseason prediction thread at the end of the year to point out this very point that you're making. I'll be curious to see just how many of the people who claimed they supported Ferentz before the year and are now wanting to fire Ferentz predicted Iowa to win 6 or more games.

Of course, if Iowa loses to Purdue I'm taking a month vacation from here because there would be a much deserved meltdown.

Depending on work, I may try to roll over for the game. Never been to a game at Ross-Ade, but I heard it is annoying due to a Boiler Up cheer they do whenever they get a first down. I think they are bad enough that I shouldn't have to hear that much. Is anyone on HN going to the game? Tickets are almost free, but the thought of that drive back and sitting in traffic around downtown Chicago if we stink up the joint and lose gives me heartburn.

keefe: if you need someone to ride down with you...I would be more than willing to talk hawks and make my first appearance at Ross-Aide....just a thought...I live right at the junction of edens/Kennedy, NW side....easy pickup if you are coming from Evanston...

Latest posts