On to Purdue

Purdue has some bad stats. Way bad.
However somehow Iowa will make them look like heroes.
It is a must win, really. Would a loss create enough havoc to get KF gone?

Lets not forget, Iowa lost to pathetic MN teams up in TCF 2010 and 2011. Purdue bad.
And KF got to keep his job.
Those two losses, to me, are the worst in his tenure.

Purdue is awful. Iowa can't.. can't.. CAN'T lose this game. Notice I said can't, not necessarily "won't". This post is exactly what scares me.. KF's teams seem to have a knack for one absolute egg-laying on the road against a team we have no business losing to.

Iowa will win. Whoop de doo. Purdue is horrendous. Beating them proves nothing. It will only embolden the Kool-aid drinkers to wind up the "see I told you so" threads.

Then it's idle week, then same as it ever was.

Man, I'm even more negative than usual.

Agreed. Beating Purdue this year *should* be a given.. It will do nothing to change my outlook for the rest of the season and beyond unless the Hawks really roll bigtime.. Like 42-3 or something. Otherwise, a 20-7 victory or something = meh. It gets us bowl eligible, but that's about it.

Even 6-6, I'm not sure Iowa is guaranteed a bowl invite. Iowa was bowl eligible in 2007 and stayed home, so I don't think a bowl with a win on Saturday is a foregone conclusion.

Agreed. Beating Purdue this year *should* be a given.. It will do nothing to change my outlook for the rest of the season and beyond unless the Hawks really roll bigtime.. Like 42-3 or something. Otherwise, a 20-7 victory or something = meh. It gets us bowl eligible, but that's about it.

Even 6-6, I'm not sure Iowa is guaranteed a bowl invite. Iowa was bowl eligible in 2007 and stayed home, so I don't think a bowl with a win on Saturday is a foregone conclusion.

That was a strange year in the Big 10 because so many teams from the conference were bowl eligible. That won't happen this year. We may not like where they'd end up at 6-6 but they'd be playing somewhere.

It won't matter anyway because I still think Iowa gets to 7 wins.

VERY TRUE!! 6 big ten teams are bowl eligible now - with 2 more soon to be with us and Penn State.

VERY TRUE!! 6 big ten teams are bowl eligible now - with 2 more soon to be with us and Penn State.

Is Penn State eligible (even with 6 wins)?

Do you live under a rock?

Legends Champs-to-be, MSU, scored a whopping single offensive td vs Purdue in East Lansing a couple of weeks ago....any given Saturday, gang....the Hawks have to bring their killer instinct to Purdue on Saturday...biggest game of the year...need this win so bad. And yes, I am dreading the Anti-KF koolaid drinkers if we missed on this game and a bowl game..they are lusting on Iowa to fail so much....shame, really.

Depending on work, I may try to roll over for the game. Never been to a game at Ross-Ade, but I heard it is annoying due to a Boiler Up cheer they do whenever they get a first down. I think they are bad enough that I shouldn't have to hear that much. Is anyone on HN going to the game? Tickets are almost free, but the thought of that drive back and sitting in traffic around downtown Chicago if we stink up the joint and lose gives me heartburn.

Depending on work, I may try to roll over for the game. Never been to a game at Ross-Ade, but I heard it is annoying due to a Boiler Up cheer they do whenever they get a first down. I think they are bad enough that I shouldn't have to hear that much. Is anyone on HN going to the game? Tickets are almost free, but the thought of that drive back and sitting in traffic around downtown Chicago if we stink up the joint and lose gives me heartburn.

I will be there. We decided it was too cheap to pass up the opportunity to see another B1G stadium...especially our hated rival. If you decide to go, look me up...I'll be wearing the Hawkeye hat.

That was a strange year in the Big 10 because so many teams from the conference were bowl eligible. That won't happen this year. We may not like where they'd end up at 6-6 but they'd be playing somewhere.

It won't matter anyway because I still think Iowa gets to 7 wins.

Which two teams do you think Iowa beats to get to 7?

I agree with 6 wins, Iowa is going bowling. But it was rumored back in '07 the staff aka KF passed on a bowl invite to a non-B1G bowl because the team didn't deserve to go to a bowl. Again "rumored".

Which two teams do you think Iowa beats to get to 7?

I agree with 6 wins, Iowa is going bowling. But it was rumored back in '07 the staff aka KF passed on a bowl invite to a non-B1G bowl because the team didn't deserve to go to a bowl. Again "rumored".

Purdue and I think they split Nebraska and Michigan. If I had to pick one I'd say at Nebraska.

Purdue and I think they split Nebraska and Michigan. If I had to pick one I'd say at Nebraska.

I think Iowa will handle Purdue easily but will get beat by 10 or more points each game against Michigan and Nebby. Offense isnt good enough to keep up with them unless the defense plays like the first three quarters of the Wisky game.

What was John's prediction about that '31 squad...or was that before the internet?

I'm not saying it was impossible for the 31 team to do well. They did have a lot of strength on the interior. However on a team that was already depleted because of the probation several key injuries hurt them very much. They started The biggest of these was Marcus Magnussen (from Clinton, IA) he broke is leg in fall practice, and Elmo nelson. The team played the season with a makeshift roster of 24 players, that was all that was left. Sansen, Hickman, Kriz and crew put in a noble effort all year however. At Purdue things got worse when Joe Laws got injured. He was Iowa's split end, who played for the Green Bay Packers for 12 years, and is a member of the Packers hall of fame. So losing him was a huge loss to Iowa's big play threat. He almost broke one for a long touchdown before the injury.

Needless to say this team as a much better chance than the 31 team did. Compared to the 31 team this team has it all together. The offense is far more productive even on their worse days. The defense and special teams are also better. In 31 Sansen, the fullback did the kicking. I also appreciate how much more supportive the fans are this year than they were in 31. Home crowds that year were under 20,000 people (a crowd that could have fit in Iowa Field, that was still being used for track meets) this years crowds are much better. Now let's show that we travel better too! I don't have information about how many fans traveled to Purdue for the 31 game, but I'm pretty sure we can do better this year.

All I can say folks is 2010 and 2011 Goofers. Those were some mighty bad MN teams, and Iowa laid ostrich eggs. Man I hope they come to play on Saturday.

When I got my tickets to this game at the beginning of the year, I told my wife that we should be at the game that makes us bowl eligible. I hope I was right. We could still go 5-7. My bet is 6-6. That being said, I also believe we can beat Michigan or Nebraska. Mich laid a turd against MSU, and was on the verge of losing a few others that should have been easy wins. Nebraska is not good this year either. Their D is like a civ. Wish that one was at home this year.

Latest posts