On the verge of being ranked

A win with a solid showing this weekend and we might start to see votes. Unfortunately, I think we will have to be 5-0 to crack the Top 25.

We're back! In al seriousness, it's a little early for that. But a win against Pitt and north McCarney and it might be deserving

Let's not get worried about ranking yet... Let's keep the energy and effort going next week for a night game at Kinnick always fun!!

Win next week should IMO get is in. Pittsburgh is going to be a step up game for Iowa. I'm still in wait and see mode based on who've we played a victory next week will get my juices flowing a bit.

Go Hawks!!

A win with a solid showing this weekend and we might start to see votes. Unfortunately, I think we will have to be 5-0 to crack the Top 25.

4-0 could get us there. Let's just get to 3-0. Which, if we look good in a win next week, might even get us very close.

5-0 would put us top 20 I think. My God that would be cool.

Start out 4-0 then go into Madison and beat Bucky you're ranked for sure, and maybe a contender in the West.

Let's not get worried about ranking yet... Let's keep the energy and effort going next week for a night game at Kinnick always fun!!

Your right, I'm totally focused on getting to 3-0, let me know when me as a fan can think about Iowa football being ranked. MmmKay

Would be great to see Iowa ranked for the first time since 2010.

I'm starting to think that Wisconsin is vulnerable. The Badger defense isn't as good as last year, and their offense, specifically their running game is nothing like what we have been accustomed to. I think they have issues on their offensive line.

Whisky is beatable. Don't know if it will happen but they are beatable for sure

I think Wisc is beatable if CJB continues to gain confidence. He has a chance to be very special. He freakin' locked in and took it to ISU after he scrambled out of the end zone. Was in total control from that point on. He's got a really great arm, some good pocket presence, and Rodgers-esque mobility. He's never gonna house one, but he can get out of the pocket and get you a valuable first down.

I have never really understood this thinking. What I worry about has no bearing on next week's game. Fans are able to speculate on rankings, bowl projections, and other fun things. That is what is fun about being a fan.

I was talkin to Cedar Rapids' own Notti Boy last night. He puts the Hawks at 24 if they can go 5-0. He also thinks Northwestern will be a contender this year. I asked him, "how do we beat them?" He said, "Block it with Clayborn."

Yes

Don't sink the boat before it sails. To early to tell where the hurricane is coming from.
Tcu is over rated for this year and gophers have no qb little things like that. Watch and wait.

I have never really understood this thinking. What I worry about has no bearing on next week's game. Fans are able to speculate on rankings, bowl projections, and other fun things. That is what is fun about being a fan.

Guilty. I used to say stuff like, let's not get ahead of ourselves, or WE can't look past this team. My brother one day said pretty much what you have. I finally realized how stupid this was. Yeah, my not thinking about Michigan in '02 until after the Indiana game that year, THAT's what did it.

Latest posts