On the verge of being ranked

So they beat an FCS school and a D1 bottom feeder and they're on the verge of being ranked? Not seeing it right now, still a lot to prove. They play four what I would consider quality opponents this year; Wisconsin, Nebraska, Northwestern and Minnesota. I'll get excited when they beat a couple of them. Not saying it isn't possible because it is, but I don't think beating Illinois St and Iowa St proves anything.

Here here! I agree wholeheartedly! Have fun being a fan. I say win 2 more and we are at 24-27 range....unless we destroy both teams and then 21st.

I would like team to keep winning I could care less about rankings right now! I had a high school coach one time we were playing a rival to go to the dome and he said, "forget the damn dome let's prove were better than these guys" and with everyone bashing our schedule id like to keep beating the teams we should forget the rankings let's show everyone were back and not an easy W on the schedule! #Sunshine

I have never really understood this thinking. What I worry about has no bearing on next week's game. Fans are able to speculate on rankings, bowl projections, and other fun things. That is what is fun about being a fan.

Well that is true too!! Just want 3-0 and rankings will happen, but you are right it is fun to speculate too.

I would like team to keep winning I could care less about rankings right now! I had a high school coach one time we were playing a rival to go to the dome and he said, "forget the damn dome let's prove were better than these guys" and with everyone bashing our schedule id like to keep beating the teams we should forget the rankings let's show everyone were back and not an easy W on the schedule! #Sunshine

Did your coach say that to all your fans too?

Ha-ha...actually, we are undefeated and still on the verge of going to NC game right now...if we keep winning we will eventually be ranked. However, Rankings are a lagging indicator. OTOH, if we lose, we will slide again into the abyss, but hey, were getting used to that.

If you're going to dream, dream big!

Top 25 after the Pitt win for sure! Week 4 won't mean much in the rankings unless other teams lose. I think they get it in week 3 though. That would be a dominating win over one of the leading FCS teams, and wins over 2 power 5 teams, including one that went to a bowl game last year. That is a pretty good resume for a top 25 spot.

On the verge of being ranked is like being 14, dry-humping your girlfriend, and saying you were on the verge of having sex.

Sure it's fun to talk about, but in the end, it's pretty meaningless.

Latest posts