On the coaches

Saw about half dozen times in the first half NDSU hold or block in the back without a call. Then the call on the Daniels run. But that being said, that's college football. You get bad calls all the time and you have to overcome them. We did not.
seriously true
Aggressive coaching last season in close games = wins.

First tight game this season and passive not-to-lose coaching = humiliating loss.

Is this what King came back for?

I hope not. King and Jewell did everything they could they just needed more help from the other 9 guys on D.

I know I saw a few missed holding calls too . That makes the phantom call against Kittle even more upsetting after letting ndsu get away with it all day. Inconsistency is worse than calling a game too tight or letting too much go on both sides.

NDSU players had motivation to take it to Iowa, and they did.

Everything that Iowa did, NDSU did harder....and better

Our "hitters" on defense got TRUCKED on runs by there players.....37
Confusion on coverage by safeties....37
Holding call on long run, whether legit or not....had a fumble luckily picked up my teammate. I've heard the term "freak" a lot this week in regard to him, not sure in what manner they are speaking about....I would use "pedestrian".

Our oline looked over match. I know it's called a pancake with a blocker knocks someone off there feet onto their back, but I'm not sure what it's called when to opposite happens....I'll call it a BISON. Our o-line was BISONED numerous time today.

Dropped passes.....

Our rushing defensive was so porous, add in some bad tackling.

I really did expect more from Iowa on their last drive...disappointed in effort and play calls. NDSU had all the momentum, we needed to get it back. 2 runs up the gut surprisingly didn't do that.

But our punter was good.

Is Iowa incapapable of game planning or do the coaches feel if "we do what we do and do it well" that is enough? No screens, no misdirections, not one pitch sweep, no throwbacks?? Defensively, can we not set the edge?

And, the highest paid strength coach in America got owned by the NDSU strength coach! They manhandled Iowa on both sides of the LOS.

On that QB draw on the last play. Someone on iowa's defense was getting tackled.
Yea there was a vicious crackback block made on Jewel that was not called. The blocker was coming from behind and hit him on the side just enough that the ref. didn't call it. I would have called it a personal foul. There was some holding by the Bison line but a lot of good agressive blocking too. Just a good blocking scheme overall using receivers and running backs ala Stanford.

I'm not blaming the refs, because we played and coached horribly, but the hold on Kittle was bogus and absolutely a game changer. You could see it in the demeanor of both teams. To be a good team you have to overcome that and I understand that, but it was a real gut punch.

More frustrating to me was play calling. Defensively when things weren't working why not try a blitz or two, what are you out. And have we completely disregarded the Raider package? We needed to try something different as they had a recipe to beat it vanilla approach. Offensively why did we not throw more with a moving pocket. Couldn't run, had to pass, since we couldn't pick up their blitzes why not move the pocket more.

Just don't get it. Played not to lose again big time and see where it got us, embarrassed.

This game is on coaches and players. Missed blocks, dropped passes, missed tackles. Poor playcalling (that last offensive series????)

So dissappointing all around.

I'm not blaming the refs, because we played and coached horribly, but the hold on Kittle was bogus and absolutely a game changer. You could see it in the demeanor of both teams. To be a good team you have to overcome that and I understand that, but it was a real gut punch.

More frustrating to me was play calling. Defensively when things weren't working why not try a blitz or two, what are you out. And have we completely disregarded the Raider package? We needed to try something different as they had a recipe to beat it vanilla approach. Offensively why did we not throw more with a moving pocket. Couldn't run, had to pass, since we couldn't pick up their blitzes why not move the pocket more.

Just don't get it. Played not to lose again big time and see where it got us, embarrassed.

^^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^^

*He knows his Azz is on the hot seat so he changes it up by going for it on fourth down a few times last season. So he knows he has nothing to lose.

*A very weak schedule last year and a few lucky bounces leads to a 12-0 conference record. I had questioned this especially after the Rose Bowl meltdown.

*CJ has the option to change plays at the line of scrimmage......... So we were told. Last series on offense. Run up the middle, run up the middle, now third and long so we will pass and invite them to blitz us. PUNT. That is so much the OLD FART KF that we have suffered with all these year. I am not a coach but any idiot could call better play calls than that. Who calls this crap with what is suppose to be one of the top QB's in the conference?

*Every damn team can pass rush against us but we just have no clue how to return the favor. Their QB had all the time he needed and just threw bad passes on several occasions where the receivers were wide open.

*Same damn defense calling regardless of game situations. Four man rush on that last series and no one home on that QB keeper......... Just inviting the call. Totally out coached on that series.

*The same ole KF lovers and supporters who just want to see a good game every now and then have no problem with this loss. The powers that be at the University of Iowa have no problem with this horse $h!t just as long as the fanatics keep coming back supporting the oil salesman. They are as much to blame as Barta.

*I had hoped and am guilty of buying into it myself even though I thought Iowa looked very suspect all year last season. I did state on more than one occasion that this season would prove if last year was just fool's gold or not.

*Basically the season just ended today as the whole nation will see Iowa as a fraud last season and even if we go on to win out the West division it will only make the West division look like wimps.

*A loss like this would be a death Nell for any other coach at any reputable college football program. Among the highest paid coaches in college football, Top facilities, adoring and loyal fan base. This kind of coaching is unacceptable with anyone who wants to compete on the B1G stage.

*I don't even want to here any BS about being a Luke warm bang wagon type of fan. I was here supporting this team through the Cummings years. I've always been supportive of the program. The fake fans are those fans who think it's ok to support this crap and they are the problem. They really don't care about winning championships and being competitive on the big stage. They like to live that alternative college sports lifestyle. As Arnold likes to say the "girly men" or maybe I should say "girly sports fans."

*You can't blame just the players on this one. Yes there was a couple of dropped passes and some missed tackles but the old Conservative KF fetal position showed up in the fourth quarter.

*Total THEFT and FRAUD in Iowa City.

I am not one to sound off like this but this loss was unacceptable.
I will say you can come across overly negative in the game thread but I get it. It's the emotion of a game thread which seems like at times there is more in the game thread than in the game.

That rant of yours was epic dead-on. Props

*All day long on ESPN......... biggest win by South Dakota bla bla bla........ I have to go puke.

*Imagine how we would all be mocking Michigan or Ohio Stae if this had happened to them. Stick you hand around your ear and step out side........ here it? That's us they are laughing at. Just signed the coach an extension and outrageous buy out terms. Did KF just give us all the finger?

I will say you can come across overly negative in the game thread but I get it. It's the emotion of a game thread which seems like at times there is more in the game thread than in the game.

That rant of yours was epic dead-on. Props

Thanks, I appreciate it. This is a very disappointing loss to say the least. It will take a while for the pain to numb.

Losing with a classy coach is better than winning with an a-hole. Everyone knows that. Still, having said that, I vote for ickE to be the new head coach.

I disagree. I would definitely rather win with an a-hole coach

Dang it! I'm embarrassed...i lost my mind and missed the sarcasm with the first read... My bad fellas

Last edited:
BigD that was a pretty negative rant but also pretty accurate.especially the part about being a band wagon fan.
And I totally agree that this loss is unacceptable. I'd add pathetic, embarrassing, & alarming

Latest posts