Omicron Covid

The medical crucible is in play right now in Europe where Spain and Italy have high vax rates and their case levels are steadily low from reporting I have heard while at the same time Germany and many other more central European countries with much lower vax rates are reeling from huge increases in contagion. It comes down to whether you want high infection rates or low infection rates, lots of spread or very little spread.

True anti-vaxxers are a small percentage, maybe 1-2% in the US (and it is probably also the case in most modern countries) so the main reason right now that 30%+ of people are not getting vaxxed because of mainly politics. And a huge number of leaders telling people the vaccines is not safe are vaxxed themselves.
Being vaxxed does not slow down the spread, though that was believed to be true at one time.

Being vaxxed does reduce the risk of getting seriously ill if you do catch the virus.

And the jury is still out on the effects of the Omicron variant. Don't believe any doomsday reports until people have had a chance to study effects.

Do you wear a seat belt when you drive? The same logic applies ...

I am old enough when some people thought seat belts were an invasion of freedom. :)

Seat belts are also now mandatory (and part of what everyone does). Folks didn't like it when the government told them to buckle up back in the day, but people just got used to it.

This video (from the 80s) is kind of funny ... now.

Made folk heroes out of Vince and Larry. I saw many Vince and Larry duos at Halloween parties back in the day.

Geesus, he's not comparing what can be prevented or controlled, he's showing the fatality numbers and using the other conditions to prove a point. I can't believe you don't get the point of his post.
I posted because i get the post and his point was to try and say why dont we stop heart disease and other instead of just covid when well it is your choice to prevent heart disease and not your choice to get covid. i think you missed the context of his post.

False. Being unprotected makes people get themselves sick.

If you're vaccinated, have good personal health, and socially distance your chances of getting seriously sick or dying are virtually nonexistent.

If you don't want to get sick or die, protect yourself.
I love the first sentence of your post. I might steal that one. It's a better way to say what I've already been saying. You can take personal responsibility for getting it, or you can pass the blame to someone else who also randomly got it from someone.

It is your choice to prevent heart disease and not your choice to get covid. i think you missed the context of his post.
That’s bullshit.

If you’re vaccinated, in good health, wear a mask, and social distance, your risk of getting sick or dying from civic is essentially zero. If you don’t want to do any of those things that’s your choice. Don’t tell me I have to stick a needle in my arm when there’s no risk other than to myself.

I've got a question for all of the people who are really nervous about covid still. It's a serious question that I'm hoping gets a response from some people. Is your opinion on covid based on what you have seen in your personal life over the last couple years? Or is it based on what you see on the news and social media? Or maybe a combination of both?

I'd really like to believe that people have their opinions based on their own experiences. But at the same time, if you're the type of person who has spent the last year and a half living in a shell, I guess it's natural to assume you're only alive because of your caution. I suppose it's probably easier for someone like me to rely on personal experience since I haven't changed my life one bit (other than the first month or so when we knew nothing).

In my opinion, pretty much half the people grow up and are independent enough to not need/want direction from other people, and half the people grow up and still feel like they need direction. That half looks to the government for answers. All politicians know this and use that knowledge to try to sway votes.

Republicans try to appease the 50% that don't want to be told what to do. They push freedom and giving you the tools to help yourself. Democrats try to appease the 50% that need direction in life. They tell you they have the power to save you if you just listen to them and vote for them.

Thats all any of this is politically. I doubt there is much, if any, difference in a democrat or Republican's opinion on the severity of covid. Or their option on how much they can actually save you. They are all just jumping through hoops to sway voters.

I posted because i get the post and his point was to try and say why dont we stop heart disease and other instead of just covid when well it is your choice to prevent heart disease and not your choice to get covid. i think you missed the context of his post.
It's not your choice to get covid, but to a pretty big extent its your choice to not be healthy enough to fight it off.

In my opinion, pretty much half the people grow up and are independent enough to not need/want direction from other people, and half the people grow up and still feel like they need direction. That half looks to the government for answers. All politicians know this and use that knowledge to try to sway votes.

Republicans try to appease the 50% that don't want to be told what to do. They push freedom and giving you the tools to help yourself. Democrats try to appease the 50% that need direction in life. They tell you they have the power to save you if you just listen to them and vote for them.

Thats all any of this is politically. I doubt there is much, if any, difference in a democrat or Republican's opinion on the severity of covid. Or their option on how much they can actually save you. They are all just jumping through hoops to sway voters.

This group also suppresses the people and makes them dependent on government. If they do that, they will continue to get votes if people are reliant on the government. They use scare tactics and handouts. It's not because they are civil minded. They want to sell it as that but it is not that. It's all about securing a votes to push their agenda or what they want done to benefit THEM. Why do they want to open up borders and let illegals flood our country. Is it really because they are compassionate and civil minded. NO! Why, because these are people who will be reliant on government handouts and services to live, WHICH, will secure and boost their votes.

People need to wake up. We are running over our resources in this country which 1) Doesn't do any good for our legal population and is not fair to US citizens. 2) In the end really causes a disservice to these individuals trying to live. Some may flourish, but the mere numbers coming in, many or most will not leading to crime for them to have to survive.

It's a mess people. People need to wake up and vote right, or we are going to lose this country.

Signed,

My Rant.

I say it this way: conservatives like to allow one to wipe their own ass while liberals like to wipe one’s ass for them.

Last edited:
I've got a question for all of the people who are really nervous about covid still. It's a serious question that I'm hoping gets a response from some people. Is your opinion on covid based on what you have seen in your personal life over the last couple years? Or is it based on what you see on the news and social media? Or maybe a combination of both?

I'd really like to believe that people have their opinions based on their own experiences. But at the same time, if you're the type of person who has spent the last year and a half living in a shell, I guess it's natural to assume you're only alive because of your caution. I suppose it's probably easier for someone like me to rely on personal experience since I haven't changed my life one bit (other than the first month or so when we knew nothing).
Some people enjoy being sheep, enjoy being told what to do, enjoy having fear instilled in them, enjoy expecting the worst case scenario to unfold.

That same mentality kept us mired in the Great Depression longer than we needed to be. That same mentality caused some to go batshit when listening to the War Of The World's radio program. Even though they knew it wasn't true and they could see that it wasn't true, some still panicked because a decade of being constantly told to panic had made them gullible to almost anything.

Get ready for the big spin cycle, courtesy of our liberal run country.

The covid death toll, as you probably know, crossed the 900k threshold some time ago meaning that the next "milestone" is (gasp) 1 million.

Don't expect them to ever let it happen. With midterm elections approaching there is no way that number will fit their narrative. It will be at that point that they will finally admit that co-morbidities, not Covid, killed many of these people.

Don't be fooled. Many of us knew this all along. And the virus not going to go away no matter how people try to spin it, or try to claim victory over it. Sheep can be fooled. Mother nature, that's a different story.

This already began nearly immediately after the new year and now there is nearly zero covid reporting from news outlets. The only thing reporting nowadays is mask and vaccine mandates in liberal ran cities. The rest of the country has been back to normal for the past 18 months. At least in Dallas it’s been normal. Notice how just back in early December fauci was still advising people to not gather for the holidays & news outlets were actually still airing what that fool was saying. Now they’re steering away from his advice because the vast majority of Americans are so beyond the nonsense that spews from his mouth. Covid and the fear mongering has all but disappeared. I bet we’ll even be able to gather for the holidays in 2022. Hilarious. Hail to Biden and his promise. I can not understand how some are naive enough to not see how the media has controlled the narrative of this virus all along. Young healthy people who were concerned about this virus were plain and simply brain washed into fearing covid. I have cousins who have basically keep their 5 & 7 yr old children locked up in their homes for nearly two years because of the fear entrenched into their minds. It’s so sad to see but i can’t reason w/ them because they’re “following the science”.

The covid death toll, as you probably know, crossed the 900k threshold some time ago meaning that the next "milestone" is (gasp) 1 million.

Don't expect them to ever let it happen. With midterm elections approaching there is no way that number will fit their narrative. It will be at that point that they will finally admit that co-morbidities, not Covid, killed many of these people.

Don't be fooled. Many of us knew this all along. And the virus not going to go away no matter how people try to spin it, or try to claim victory over it. Sheep can be fooled. Mother nature, that's a different story.
One of the funniest phrases in your post is “courtesy of our liberal run country.” Take off your conservative blinders. Then you follow it up with the implication that liberals are “sheep” while deaf, dumb, and blind conservatives worship at the alter of one of the most disgusting examples of a human being whose litany of lies has infected our country.
Liberal sheep? Ha Ha Ha. Look in the mirror.

This already began nearly immediately after the new year and now there is nearly zero covid reporting from news outlets. The only thing reporting nowadays is mask and vaccine mandates in liberal ran cities. The rest of the country has been back to normal for the past 18 months. At least in Dallas it’s been normal. Notice how just back in early December fauci was still advising people to not gather for the holidays & news outlets were actually still airing what that fool was saying. Now they’re steering away from his advice because the vast majority of Americans are so beyond the nonsense that spews from his mouth. Covid and the fear mongering has all but disappeared. I bet we’ll even be able to gather for the holidays in 2022. Hilarious. Hail to Biden and his promise. I can not understand how some are naive enough to not see how the media has controlled the narrative of this virus all along. Young healthy people who were concerned about this virus were plain and simply brain washed into fearing covid. I have cousins who have basically keep their 5 & 7 yr old children locked up in their homes for nearly two years because of the fear entrenched into their minds. It’s so sad to see but i can’t reason w/ them because they’re “following the science”.
You are sadly blind to the facts. I am absolutely stunned that you think you know more than Anthony Fauci. Your credibility is very, very low. Sorry.

Even if co-morbidity contributed to the death of a Covid patient, Covid still killed them. You have been told all along that, yes, some people are more likely to die from Covid due to co-morbidity. Your faulty logic is astounding.
Your reaction to the number of deaths in the US alone speaks to your concern for human life.
BTW, Fauci has said from the beginning that we will always be battling the next virus. But I guess you are too busy watching right wing nut job media to follow the facts.

I say it this way: conservatives like to allow one to wipe their own ass while liberals like to wipe one’s ass for them.
Of course you would say something like that. Your reduction of political differences to crude nonsense displays your lack of maturity.

Being vaxxed does not slow down the spread, though that was believed to be true at one time.

Being vaxxed does reduce the risk of getting seriously ill if you do catch the virus.

And the jury is still out on the effects of the Omicron variant. Don't believe any doomsday reports until people have had a chance to study effects.
“Being vaxxed does not slow down the spread.” Really? Glad to hear from the world’s foremost authority.

Last edited:
“Being vexed does not slow down the spread.” Really? Glad to hear from the world’s foremost authority.
It never has, especially from Omicron. What being vaxxed does is lessen the chance of a hospital stay or worse.

The Rachel Maddows of the world who said that being vaxxed would stop the spread. She was wrong.

I'm not an authority by any means, but as it's turned out neither is Fauci. Mother Nature is the ultimate authority. Again.

Latest posts