Omicron Covid

Back in the summer of 2020 we were doing the 14U baseball weekend tournament dealy. It was when we were only supposed to have parents and immediate family attend games, no grouping in the bleachers right behind home plate, space on the baselines, etc.. We were outside in the air and people roamed around most unmasked but spaced.

No grandparents were really supposed to go but they did as they know there are only so many years they can watch grandsons play. They took the risks. Anyway, I remember going to the field one tournament and some older lady who was obviously a grandmother, state quite loud to her husband, intending all around her to hear to her husband something about how rude it is people aren't wearing masks. It was even more snarky than that but I can't remember the quote. Anyway, all I thought was F it lady, if you are that scared, don't come.

Hell, she wasn't even supposed to be there and those to take that risk anyway. But the nerve of her to bitch about people when she was there "illegally" on her own taking the risk. Funny, nobody acknowledged her and just kept on going.

I coached last year and we had upwards of 100 spectators at every game. We only had 5 teams, but the people who wanted to be there really wanted to be there. This was for freaking tee ball. It was before my wife was giga red pilled, but she realized how important it was after the fact. We had a pizza party in the outfield on the day of the last game. It was the highlight of the year for some of the kids on that team.

Good friend of mine had polio when we were both in single digits as children. I was spared, but Gene spent time in an iron lung. He recovered and we played HS football together! My parents were a basket case. I was too young to be scared, thankfully. As an old guy, I grabbed on to Covid vaccine early, and got the booster asap. I will be happy to get boosters annually or more frequently if the science recommends it. Dr. Fauci and Dr. Sanjay Gupta are my go to experts. Do what you want, but stay the hell away from me and my family if you are not vaccinated.

But you are vaccinated!? What are you afraid of? Why don't you stay inside or locked up?

I say that not to be an ass, but that context seems to be the debate and I merely state to add to the discussion.

The question is who is in the right with the scenario above an who is the hypocrite?

Great discussion all.

Back in the summer of 2020 we were doing the 14U baseball weekend tournament dealy. It was when we were only supposed to have parents and immediate family attend games, no grouping in the bleachers right behind home plate, space on the baselines, etc.. We were outside in the air and people roamed around most unmasked but spaced.

No grandparents were really supposed to go but they did as they know there are only so many years they can watch grandsons play. They took the risks. Anyway, I remember going to the field one tournament and some older lady who was obviously a grandmother, state quite loud to her husband, intending all around her to hear to her husband something about how rude it is people aren't wearing masks. It was even more snarky than that but I can't remember the quote. Anyway, all I thought was F it lady, if you are that scared, don't come.

Hell, she wasn't even supposed to be there and those to take that risk anyway. But the nerve of her to bitch about people when she was there "illegally" on her own taking the risk. Funny, nobody acknowledged her and just kept on going.
Yeah it’s something you’ll never change anyones mind on, and it’s more and more becoming an argument rather than discussion. Which is why we don’t allow it on the other boards.

In reality I don’t care whether anyone here is vaxxed or not, or what their opinions are. I sleep at night just fine. I just enjoy debating with people who are intelligent so I do that with some folks like @Robowe and others who don’t share my views, and then I go bonkers with folks who are too dumb to think critically. Won’t name names but they’re blatantly obvious.

Never had the balls to try that. Is it pretty cool?
I sold a ton of it at Casey's in college. The average user was a strange sort. Think washed up grunge millennial that begrudgingly worked a corporate job because mom said he had to pay rent, but he still has a garage band on the weekends. Not sure which came first, though.

Never had the balls to try that. Is it pretty cool?

I'd stab a man through the heart for just one mint General Snus right now. Just one. I'd work a glory hole in the Iowa 80 truck stop just for one. Oh man.

Wait, where was I? Sorry, I just quit dipping like 47 days ago. Yes, it is cool, but you have to get the real deal stuff from Sweden. General. Avoid the US brands. The swedes cure it differently and it is the best tobacco on earth. I'd walk across the Mojave right now for just one...

Covid does not have a lobbying machine behind it like Big Tobacco and Big Ag, the sugar industry. Covid is just out there in people and now is known to float around in very small aerosol droplets for longer times.

And you say you can control yourself and protect yourself by staying masked and away from people. Well other people have to go work places and be by people so they dont have that choice and in tight quarters for prolonged periods maybe masks will fail to protect.

Really, you think Moderna and J&J and other drug companies are just interested in eating costs to develop these things to provide a civil service?

It was before my wife was giga red pilled, but she realized how important it was after the fact.
Does she buy you flannel shirts and Red Man now?

I’m kinda envisioning her paying people to break into your house just to watch you beat the shit out of ‘em with a Lucky Strike in your mouth and it’s awesome.

Great reply and I would say even higher at 90% vaxxed to really slow down the virus from mutating more than it naturally can.

I have to just shrug my shoulders and roll my eyes sometimes at the people that say just live with it. There is no guarantee that a very virulent, deadly mutation might develop that would spread so fast and kill high percentages of people who get infected and then all of a sudden we are looking and tens or hundreds of millions dead. It is a possibility. There are some people who are not scientists talking like they know the virus would never do this because the virus doesnt want to kill all its hosts. Well that is just stupid to actually think the virus is planning and thinking what it is doing.

Mutations are chance/accidental substitutions of genetic base pairs in DNA and RNA that happen randomly. Then it is up to environmental and other pressures to find out which mutations are helpful for the organism or not helpful. Shit if I could tell my body to mutate a certain way to make me stronger and faster and smarter I would have done it a long time ago. But again, genetic mutations are random and then natural selection determines if the mutation stays in the population of that organism.

I'm not willing to live in fear and fear the unknown.

Just live your life dude! Honest and hopefully sincere recommendation.

Really, you think Moderna and J&J and other drug companies are just interested in eating costs to develop these things to provide a civil service?
It's funny how every time the Biden Admin has even hinted at violating copyright/patents on the vaccines, they've thought twice and backed down without any real public effort. Surely not a coincidence.

I'd stab a man through the heart for just one mint General Snus right now. Just one. I'd work a glory hole in the Iowa 80 truck stop just for one. Oh man.

Wait, where was I? Sorry, I just quit dipping like 47 days ago. Yes, it is cool, but you have to get the real deal stuff from Sweden. General. Avoid the US brands. The swedes cure it differently and it is the best tobacco on earth. I'd walk across the Mojave right now for just one...
You just cut a line of the stuff and snort it, right?

I love to dip spearmint Cope but it makes me sick to my stomach. The buzz is so much better than drinking but it makes me wanna hurl at the same time. It’s like god said this is really fun but haha, you’re gonna puke afterwards.

I sold a ton of it at Casey's in college. The average user was a strange sort. Think washed up grunge millennial that begrudgingly worked a corporate job because mom said he had to pay rent, but he still has a garage band on the weekends. Not sure which came first, though.

When they first started selling General in the US Chicago was one of their core markets. This one night, there were these girls in mini skirts in front of the bars handing out samples. They gave me like 100. When I was working at a big firm that shit was an oasis. Oh, so good.

The bros in the office towers chewed that shit like candy. At first there was only place that sold it, Hubbard and State Cigars. They had a fucking cooler bigger than a college dorm fridge and that sumnabitch would sell clean out in 2 days. It was insane. I was doing 3 tins a day and finally stopped. I literally had one in from the time I woke up until I went to bed.

I had stopped in 2016 for 9 months (day before the Rose Bowl had been my last dip which made the game even more excruciating) but then I went to a NASCAR race in Joliet and they gave me a log of it and I got totally fucking hooked again.

I got all of my buddies hooked and they are always trying to give me lippers now. It sucks. I seriously had over $900 of charges at QT in September which just disgusted me and prompted me to quit.

But…like I said earlier…I don’t drink and I love the buzz of chew—however it makes me frickin wanna hurl for three hours after. This might be a game changer.

You just cut a line of the stuff and snort it, right?

I love to dip spearmint Cope but it makes me sick to my stomach. The buzz is so much better than drinking but it makes me wanna hurl at the same time. It’s like god said this is really fun but haha, you’re gonna puke afterwards.

Snus, not snuff. Snus packs are kind of like really clean Skoal Bandits. I don't know how to describe them other than pure bliss.

Ahhhhhhh. I was thinking snuff. Fucks sakes I got all jazzed up for nothing.

Nah, look if you can't handle a dip buzz, get snus. It is waaaay tamer, very smooth and very clean. But you have to get the swedish brand. Do. Not. Buy. The. American. Snus.

Nah, look if you can't handle a dip buzz, get snus. It is waaaay tamer, very smooth and very clean. But you have to get the swedish brand. Do. Not. Buy. The. American. Snus.
I just looked on their website and I'd have to drive 14 miles to get General brand at a Conoco station in that town. I'll swing through next time and grab some. Is it like $20 a puck?

I just looked on their website and I'd have to drive 14 miles to get General brand at a Conoco station in that town. I'll swing through next time and grab some. Is it like $20 a puck?

SC has insanely low tobacco taxes due to the amount of tobacco farmers in the state and I think they charge maybe 30 or 40 cents of tobacco tax on a tin and the price here is about $6.75 per tin. They were $4.50 when I moved here, but with the Germ they have pushed the price up $2. I would expect them to cost more in Iowa because the tax is probably way higher. My mom bought 5 cartons of smokes when she was here last week. You better call that station before you go because they sell out all over the place and as an ex-fiend, I can assure you that the tracker website they run is not very accurate.

I can't wait to read what you state when you are really really desperate!

Latest posts