Omicron Covid

Are you getting any sort of point across

With your rambling la de dah, Jack

What the F are you trying to say

Dance around the issue all day long

Well just the fact that you had to point out to another poster, who called you out on your so called stats, that you were being sarcastic but it didnt seem like you got your sarcasm across makes me wonder why you are accusing me of not getting my point across.

Well just the fact that you had to point out to another poster, who called you out on your so called stats, that you were being sarcastic but it didnt seem like you got your sarcasm across makes me wonder why you are accusing me of not getting my point across.

Exactly what the F are you trying to say

Well I posted this before I read your sarcasm post. Plus another person who did not even come close to getting your sarcasm stated how wrong your post's points were.

Your point being.....?

I really don't have a clue where you are coming from

The Johnson and Johnson and the Pfizer vaccines effectiveness wanes quite a bit after 5 or 6 months is the reason. Did you know that the Moderna vaccines had a dose 3 times higher that Pfizer even though they are injecting the same mRNA molecules. That is why after 6 months people on Moderna are still about 90% protected while Pfizer is down to 60-70 % protected. When did the people you talk about get vaxxed, how long ago, did they get a booster. It seems that a whole hell of a lot of people who got fully vaxxed are not getting a booster.

Early on these vaccines were really working but then after some months the breakthrough covid illnesses started showing up which is why the scientists then looked at boosters.

I would say anyone with a logical mind would say 90% vaccinated population with vaccines that prevent illness at a 90% rate would really shut down the virus's spread and at the same time diminish the number of variant mutations that are created.

SARS 1 back in 2003 or whenever was so much more deadlier than this current SARS2 covid 19 but it did not spread very well because it was only spread by people who were showing bad symptoms and very sick so they had already been hospitalized.

I dont see why people want to expect to and want to accept 1,000+ dying a day in the US.
Because the price of living is knowing you are going to die some day.

Nobody wants 1,000+ dying for any reason. But unfortunately they do.

For two years I've been saying that once again mankind is no match for mother nature. This thing is going to mutate until it runs its course whether you choose to mask, vaccinate, isolate, or not. We can pray that it doesn't mutate into the unthinkable but again, we only rent this planet. We don't own it.

I love hearing elected officials in blue states brag about how they're saving lives as suicides skyrocket from people who lost their lifelong businesses or were mentally ill to begin with.

Who knows what kind of damage we did to young children by isolating them, which some parents continue to do.

More people have died from this thing under Biden's watch than Trump's, yet Biden doesn't get raked over the coals by the media.

Of the ten states with the current fastest rises in cases, eight of them voted for Biden last year.

Grauchi has been proven off base time and again. But go ahead and keep listening to his babble. He doesn't know, you don't know. And I don't know. And if I have one more person admonish me for not being concerned about personal health while they're on their smoke break I'm going to bust their lung dart off in their hind quarters. BTW I'm fully vaxed and set up for getting the booster.

OK, carry on...

I'm afraid you are dangerously mistaken, my hawkeyenation friend. There are no stats to prove what you're saying. 80-90% of all patients in hospital ICUs due to Covid-19 are non-vaccinated individuals. That's not 'fake news' -- that's data from each and every hospital dealing with ICU Covid patients. Stay well.
If they aren’t vaccinated then it’s their problem and no concern of yours. They made their choice and now they’re living with it.

My answer to your question is "NEITHER." And the previous generation wisely chose that option for themselves related to polio and in the process stopped the virus from infecting others. This generation -- well, many in this generation -- have chosen a different path related to Covid-19. And our nation is worse off because of their "personal" decisions. We don't live in a vacuum, folks. Our individual decisions affect the whole.
Our nation is worse off because of forced governmental mandates like closure of schools, forced closing of businesses, and myriad other things. The vaccine is there, it's effective at preventing hospitalizations, so use it to protect yourself if you want, and leave those who don't want to the F alone because it's their personal choice.

I'm vaccinated, btw.

You're just crying to hear yourself cry. You're vaccinated, I assume you eat healthy, exercise, and don't smoke or drink alcohol, and I also assume because of your fear mongering that you social distance.

Your chances of dying or becoming seriously ill from covid are almost nil. Good work...seriously. So why if you're protected from covid do you feel it's your right to tell everyone else what they have to do?

Your chances of killing another human being in a car accident are thousands of times higher than your risk of killing yourself or someone else with covid. Are you going to stop driving your car? Why or why not?

Because the price of living is knowing you are going to die some day.

Nobody wants 1,000+ dying for any reason. But unfortunately they do.

For two years I've been saying that once again mankind is no match for mother nature. This thing is going to mutate until it runs its course whether you choose to mask, vaccinate, isolate, or not. We can pray that it doesn't mutate into the unthinkable but again, we only rent this planet. We don't own it.

I love hearing elected officials in blue states brag about how they're saving lives as suicides skyrocket from people who lost their lifelong businesses or were mentally ill to begin with.

Who knows what kind of damage we did to young children by isolating them, which some parents continue to do.

More people have died from this thing under Biden's watch than Trump's, yet Biden doesn't get raked over the coals by the media.

Of the ten states with the current fastest rises in cases, eight of them voted for Biden last year.

Grauchi has been proven off base time and again. But go ahead and keep listening to his babble. He doesn't know, you don't know. And I don't know. And if I have one more person admonish me for not being concerned about personal health while they're on their smoke break I'm going to bust their lung dart off in their hind quarters. BTW I'm fully vaxed and set up for getting the booster.

OK, carry on...

The medical crucible is in play right now in Europe where Spain and Italy have high vax rates and their case levels are steadily low from reporting I have heard while at the same time Germany and many other more central European countries with much lower vax rates are reeling from huge increases in contagion. It comes down to whether you want high infection rates or low infection rates, lots of spread or very little spread.

True anti-vaxxers are a small percentage, maybe 1-2% in the US (and it is probably also the case in most modern countries) so the main reason right now that 30%+ of people are not getting vaxxed because of mainly politics. And a huge number of leaders telling people the vaccines is not safe are vaxxed themselves.

The vaccine is there, it's effective at preventing hospitalizations, so use it to protect yourself if you want, and leave those who don't want to the F alone because it's their personal choice.
It is not really a personal choice because covid infected people can make other people get sick so it is a public health issue that we all pay for with money and sickness. I suppose if a person doesnt want to get vaxxed and then totally keeps to themselves they wouldnt hurt others but that is not what we see in public.

Smoking in public is deemed not just a personal choice because 2nd hand smoke will make others get sick. Smoke all you want in the privacy of your home and car but the law says dont bring it into public spaces. Remember the uproar over this but just like seatbelts it is a law and it becomes an easy part of life.

It is not really a personal choice because covid infected people can make other people get sick so it is a public health issue that we all pay for with money and sickness....
False. Being unprotected makes people get themselves sick.

If you're vaccinated, have good personal health, and socially distance your chances of getting seriously sick or dying are virtually nonexistent.

If you don't want to get sick or die, protect yourself.

It is not really a personal choice because covid infected people can make other people get sick so it is a public health issue that we all pay for with money and sickness. I suppose if a person doesnt want to get vaxxed and then totally keeps to themselves they wouldnt hurt others but that is not what we see in public.

Smoking in public is deemed not just a personal choice because 2nd hand smoke will make others get sick. Smoke all you want in the privacy of your home and car but the law says dont bring it into public spaces. Remember the uproar over this but just like seatbelts it is a law and it becomes an easy part of life.
Again, if you make the choice to get vaccinated and the vaccine protects you then how is an unvaccinated person hurting you? And if the vaccine doesn't protect you then why would you have a problem w/ someone choosing not to get an injection every 6 months? And if your answer to the second question is the vaccine does protect you then revert back to the first question. And if your answer is to simply slow the spread, please follow up w/ the data which accounts for breakthough infections? Even Dr. Fauci and many other doctors have stated Covid is not going to get eradicated. Interesting how they dance around the natural immunity talk whenever it's brought up. Why is this?

It's an extremely, extremely small portion of the vaccinated population who gets sick enough to be hospitalized, and an even smaller portion die from it. Basically, if you're vaccinated you have roughly the same chance of being hospitalized or dying as you do the flu. Also, I can in fact control whether I get covid or not. I can wear a mask for prevention, and I can avoid people by staying home if I'm afraid of getting it.

And regarding my examples of heart disease and smoking deaths, you're completely dodging the point. The point is people wanting the government to mandate vaccines to prevent the vaccine, when we don't mandate anything about bigger killers like smoking or trans fats. Makes zero sense other than media people wanting to get the fear mongering stoked so they get more clicks and views.
and when someone comes and checks on you cause you havent left your house in 2 years and they have covid boom you have covid no you really cant control covid unless your in a bubble which nobody is.

and when someone comes and checks on you cause you havent left your house in 2 years and they have covid boom you have covid no you really cant control covid unless your in a bubble which nobody is.
Do you drive or ride in a vehicle on a public road? Your chances of becoming very sick or dying from covid if vaccinated are thousands of times lower than chances of dying in a motor vehicle accident.

But you still do it without a thought.

Life is about risk calculation. Stop letting the media influence your risk calculation and make rational choices.

Do you drive or ride in a vehicle on a public road? Your chances of becoming very sick or dying from covid if vaccinated are thousands of times lower than chances of dying in a motor vehicle accident.

But you still do it without a thought.

Life is about risk calculation. Stop letting the media influence your risk calculation and make rational choices.

Do you wear a seat belt when you drive? The same logic applies ...

I am old enough when some people thought seat belts were an invasion of freedom. :)

Seat belts are also now mandatory (and part of what everyone does). Folks didn't like it when the government told them to buckle up back in the day, but people just got used to it.

This video (from the 80s) is kind of funny ... now.

Do you wear a seat belt when you drive? The same logic applies ...
I do because I want to decrease my chances of dying if I get in an accident, but I am against those laws for people over 18. Helmet laws, same thing.

Just like I got vaccinated because I don't want to get covid, but it's not the government's place to tell me I have to.

So at what point are we going to move on and accept the fact we need to learn to live w/ this virus and all it's mutations? Let's move on already.
We have as a society I think. I work at a major university in Iowa in the most liberal cities in Iowa. The university was quick to shut down in March 2020 and were shut down for over a year. We all worked from home offices had a mask mandate if went in, etc..

There is currently no mention of shutting down again (I actually asked my supervisor the other day about this) and we do not even have a mask mandate when in our campus offices. We have not been advised that we have to work from home, either. Most are in 4 days and have a home office remote day every week.

I think in general people have moved on, but, things could change I guess. I've heard that hospitalizations and symptoms from the latest variant aren't as bad, which is good.

I do because I want to decrease my chances of dying if I get in an accident, but I am against those laws for people over 18. Helmet laws, same thing.

Just like I got vaccinated because I don't want to get covid, but it's not the government's place to tell me I have to.
Based and government stay the F out of my life pilled.

I'll give a shit what random take Fauci has pulled out of his hat and tries to lord over me on national news this week when he shows up on the ballot in November. (Also, vaccinated, and trying generally to be healthy and not contract illness, just like every other cold and flu season before 2020, and it's completely silly that we have to make this statement every post, but I digress) Until then, I couldn't care less what unelected self-absorbed bureaucrats tell me is best. If I did, I'd tune into The View to get my going orders from Whoopi Goldberg before I do anyone on the federal government's payroll.

The elected politicians are self-absorbed too but at least they answer to someone. This idea that anyone above 70 IQ who isn't on drugs doesn't make decisions in their own self interest and to mitigate risk everyday (Read 98% of the adult population) needs to be told how to handle their daily lives by some coastal elite is what's wrong with much of this country, above all else. We need to get back to the common understanding that each of us is a rational actor and capable of taking care of ourselves. Karens everywhere need to mind their own damn business.

Now get off my lawn!

(Edit because I just came in from mulching other people's leaves that have found their way onto my lawn, why are my neighbor's leaves my responsibility? I have all these maple leaves and not one maple tree growing in my lawn. Pine spikes and cones all over my driveway, too. Should I leave a bill on their door for the removal of their lawn waste from my property? Does this make a Karen, too? /s (That denotes sarcasm for you boomers, which is to say ignore everything in these parentheses and go about your business, or play along, I don't care, but understand that I am not actually going to berate my neighbors :)))

Last edited:

How about stop signs? Do you stop at them? Or, can you decide when it is safe? Sorry, it's not a fair example, but it applies, right?

And you mentioned earlier, there are no mandates regarding smoking? So, you may not be old enough to remember that people could smoke anywhere (inside any building and on airplanes, for crying out loud). But now, when it was decided that second hand smoke was bad for others, there are regulations in place and people can't smoke inside (besides at home and other specially designated places) almost anywhere.

I agree on the vaccinations ... I am vaccinated. I have a friend who is not, along with his family (and I don't say anything to him). He has his reasons which I won't go into.

However, there are reasons for some things that exist today and it might become part of normal life. It's not the media that is making people think unreasonably. It's mitigation in many cases.

Comparing heart disease and smoking to covid is like comparing white & Black. You control weather you get Heart Disease or if you smoke you dont control if you get Covid. Were trying to get to a point were we can somewhat control the uncontrolable.
Geesus, he's not comparing what can be prevented or controlled, he's showing the fatality numbers and using the other conditions to prove a point. I can't believe you don't get the point of his post.

so let's say we get to 75% vaxxed and covid has not gone away. what then?

It is already proven the "vaccines" have not worked to limit individuals from getting it, so, people can get off that hope for the time being. We keep hearing of people who have had both vaccines still getting those "breakthrough" cases. In actuality, the produces of the "vaccines" done even refer to them as vaccines anymore, they call them "inoculations" because they know they are not preventing the virus.

But, I think there still is a chance it does help on cutting down on symptoms and hospitalizations though.

Last edited:

Latest posts