Omaha

Couple things on Twitter last night indicating Omaha Biliew had committed to Iowa. I’ve seen no confirmation and it might have been a Rick Roll lol
I'd seen that he's in portal leaving ISU but hadn't heard anything beyond that yet. No surprise he's leaving ISU he was buried on the bench and never played. It had to burn his ass seeing Freeman killing it playing so much and being FOY in BIG. Owen wasn't even a top 200 player or top 20 PF. Omaha was the #1 pf and top 10 overall recruit. What a difference a yr makes.

Omaha Biliew is 6’7 200 lbs. and is raw, with a ton of athleticism, so the comp for Iowa fans will be Tyler Smith. Can Fran immediately flip him into a 12 and 5 guy(points/rebounds)? If you are Fran, do you go after a 4 or 5 in the portal, knowing what you have in Freeman/Dembele coming back?

Locked my out also

Elon and I don't see eye to eye
The tweet is down. What is the known confirmation? Omaha would be a major acquisition, and definitely fills a need.

You do have to wonder about stability. Transferred HSs, transferred the next year to a basketball academy, committed to the Clowns and stayed for one season, and a year later he's transferring again. That's 5 schools in 5 years, before turning 21 I suspect.

But in the new world if Iowa gets solid play for a year that's a big gain.

Last edited:
The tweet is down. What is the known confirmation? Omaha would be a major acquisition, and definitely fills a need.

You do have to wonder about stability. Transferred HSs, transferred the next year to a basketball academy, committed to the Clowns and stayed for one season, and a year later he's transferring again.

He certainly seems a bit Flakey

He would certainly get floor time with the Hawks

Perhaps he would fit with the home grown Hawks, rather than the Major City Folk

He might have played against the Sandforts and Dix in high school

YARN | Maybe he's an enigma. A mystery wrapped in a riddle. | Seinfeld  (1989) - S06E02 The Big Salad | Video gifs by quotes | 04a38a5a | 紗

He has two prior teammates on the roster, from Waukee. Good selling point if he got along with the Sandforts.
That is the rumor I've been hearing, him and both Sandforts are boys. What I don't think is possible is Iowa having a NIL package to compete for him.

I totally got Rick Rolled here boys, sorry. I got a message in a group text that I am in with some people know and I saw "Holy Shit, did Omaha just commit to Iowa" and I ran to twitter and immediately found a post saying he was....and then ....crickets. Lol

It was nice to dream for a couple hours.

Some say he might go out to WV to play with Devries who he also was teammates with at Waukee. Needless to say that team was pretty stacked

Anyone on here old enough to remember that time when Ames high had McDermott, Barnes and a couple other guys who played D-1 ball and when thinking about whether a high school team could beat Lickliter's dogshit team you had to really wonder about that Ames team? I'd be surprised if he doesn't go to WV.

Anyone on here old enough to remember that time when Ames high had McDermott, Barnes and a couple other guys who played D-1 ball and when thinking about whether a high school team could beat Lickliter's dogshit team you had to really wonder about that Ames team? I'd be surprised if he doesn't go to WV.
Yeah they didn't lose a game for at least 2 yrs maybe 3. That Ames team was pretty good. I have a cousin from Urbandale that played against them in junior high that was same age. He didn't play hoops in HS though he was more into football by then.

With Iowa not in the NIL mix and Fran being a prime target for negative recruiting right now, I don't see anyone substantive committing here until the portal dust has settled. But, like the rest of my life, I'm probably wrong.

As a parent myself, there's no chance I'd tell my son to even entertain talking to Iowa the way things are if he had opportunities elsewhere, no matter how small.

- 64 year old coach coming off a disappointing season

- Said coach on the record many, many times saying he hates the college sports environment right now.

- One son leaving the program and the final one confirming he won't play in IC. Lot's of reasons for both of those things, but the optics are what they are.

- Multiple other players transferring

- Very minimal NIL opportunities

Iowa basketball isn't in a good place at present. I like Fran a lot, but the program has seen better days.

Yea I was recently mentioning that team to an acquaintance last week. I couldn't think of them all but McDermott and Barnes on the same team was sick.

With Iowa not in the NIL mix and Fran being a prime target for negative recruiting right now, I don't see anyone substantive committing here until the portal dust has settled. But, like the rest of my life, I'm probably wrong.

As a parent myself, there's no chance I'd tell my son to even entertain talking to Iowa the way things are if he had opportunities elsewhere, no matter how small.

- 64 year old coach coming off a disappointing season

- Said coach on the record many, many times saying he hates the college sports environment right now.

- One son leaving the program and the final one confirming he won't play in IC. Lot's of reasons for both of those things, but the optics are what they are.

- Multiple other players transferring

- Very minimal NIL opportunities

Iowa basketball isn't in a good place at present. I like Fran a lot, but the program has seen better days.
Yeah this Fran being in limbo land is a real thing... It's almost as if he's a lame duck. His contract says he's not but pretty much everything else you rattled off does. What's he hanging on for another yr? 2 tops? It almost feels like the band aid needs ripped off for the program to go forward. Feels like keeping him is just delaying the inevitable and that could be a bottoming out. Hopefully not Lickliter bad but all it takes is one yr for things to go off the rails.

I wish Goetz would have a serious sit down with him. Ideally him walking away would be best. Sooner then later. Beth doesn't want to fire him and doesn't have a good enough reason to really do so. So the ball is in Frans court pretty much.

Latest posts