Oliver Martin v Michigan

HawkPrdatr40

I certainly understand Iowa has some talented WR that have played very well and stepped up to open up this season. I really like this WR group.

But...... I have really funny feel, that Iowa has slowed played Oliver Martin getting him acclimated to the system and he shines in the Big House.

Go Hawks!!!

Good lord, not this shit again.

I can state with nearly 100% certainty that, barring an injury to one of our receivers, Oliver Martin won't see one snap of game time.

You're right. He'll see 8. And get the rock on half of them. And score each time he touches the pill.

He will play couple snaps like has every game so far. As for our receivers being outstanding, well we haven't played anyone yet, and against ISU they didn't exactly light it up through the air. The teams we have beaten are 5-11 so we will find out how good they are against Michigan and the rest of the conference. Michigan will be playing man coverage so we will see how effective they are.

I certainly understand Iowa has some talented WR that have played very well and stepped up to open up this season. I really like this WR group.

But...... I have really funny feel, that Iowa has slowed played Oliver Martin getting him acclimated to the system and he shines in the Big House.

Go Hawks!!!
Hope you are right here. Would either Ferentz even have enough foresight to do such tho?

Martin doesn't know the offense. And apparently can't return or cover punts, or kickoffs.

Is the guy a total bust?

No he's just not nearly as good as people were promoting him to be when he came to Iowa. A bunch of people said he was going to start at Michigan this year or he was listed as 1st team on the depth chart after the spring.

What those same people failed to mention was that many of Michigan's top WRs were listed as injured on that same depth chart. He wasn't going to start at Michigan this season and with their incoming FR at WR he probably realized he wasn't going to play much period as long as he was at Michigan.

If he sticks it out at Iowa, I could see him being an Easley type of player down the line but he's going to need time to learn the offense and he's going to have to beat out some solid players.

The coaches are not going to manipulate their game plan to get him some catches. He will probably get in on a few plays but ISM runs some great routes like the deep sideline where he gets the defender on his hip with enough room to fade to the sideline to catch a throw. Tracy's drop didnt help him but he has been playing very good. Ragaini has his pet routes like that deep skinny post and B Smith is just making some great plays.

In a close game you have to go with the most experienced players.

I think Oliver Martin has an impact even if he doesn't step on the field. He has useful knowledge of Michigan's offensive playbook & tendencies. As articulate as he is, I'm thinking there was a lot to pass along to the coaches when they asked him for tips.

Obviously, Michigan has probably tweaked things a bit, but this seems to be one aspect people are overlooking.

Mostly, I am hoping Kirk gets and keeps the best talent on the field, all season long, whoever that is. I don't think that has historically been the case for this staff and especially the HC. Two cents...

Latest posts