Oliver Martin update

Never know what could happen and how a player works out. Look at the high expectations for Jay Scheels. Injuries can change things and sometimes four stars just don't live up to their hype.
That's just what KF hopes for. That 2 stars won't live up to their hype.

It would be ironic that after all this effort in examining programs, getting to know different personnel, and learning how he might fit at each program that he would end up choosing a one that has a new OC and open staff positions on the offensive side of the ball including his direct position coach. Almost humorous to think we're still in the hunt.

Having a shell of a staff on the offensive side right now can't help with any of our RB or WR prospects.......and it might be showing as the new offers keep coming out.

It would be ironic that after all this effort in examining programs, getting to know different personnel, and learning how he might fit at each program that he would end up choosing a one that has a new OC and open staff positions on the offensive side of the ball including his direct position coach. Almost humorous to think we're still in the hunt.

Having a shell of a staff on the offensive side right now can't help with any of our RB or WR prospects.......and it might be showing as the new offers keep coming out.
I disagree. KF and BF have publicly stated the offensive will remain pro style and I'm sure on recruiting trail telling said recruits how they will fit in new scheme and opportunities as players to come in and compete as all is wide open. We already have QBs in place and the Running game coordinator is now the offensive coordinator of a 2 1000 yard backfield. Iowa is one of the few teams that carry scholarship FB so if you want to run the ball come to Iowa we do it and we do it well.

I disagree. KF and BF have publicly stated the offensive will remain pro style and I'm sure on recruiting trail telling said recruits how they will fit in new scheme and opportunities as players to come in and compete as all is wide open. We already have QBs in place and the Running game coordinator is now the offensive coordinator of a 2 1000 yard backfield. Iowa is one of the few teams that carry scholarship FB so if you want to run the ball come to Iowa we do it and we do it well.

We were in the bottom half of the country or close to it in rushing offense. I wouldn't say our running game is all that special. This fall we have a new qb, only one rb with any meaningful carries, no talent at wide receiver, and an offensive coordinator who has no experience. Sounds like a recipe for disaster to me.

We were in the bottom half of the country or close to it in rushing offense. I wouldn't say our running game is all that special. This fall we have a new qb, only one rb with any meaningful carries, no talent at wide receiver, and an offensive coordinator who has no experience. Sounds like a recipe for disaster to me.
As most of the posters of HN would say, the defense will carry the load. I say: until a team challenges Iowa's athleticism. I'm wondering if Iowa will ever be in a B1G Championship Game again? Then again, most posters are satisfied with 7.5 wins a year.

As most of the posters of HN would say, the defense will carry the load. I say: until a team challenges Iowa's athleticism. I'm wondering if Iowa will ever be in a B1G Championship Game again? Then again, most posters are satisfied with 7.5 wins a year.

Most posters are not satisfied with 7.5 wins. I would bet Iowa is back in the B1G championship game in the next 5 seasons.

Give 'em an excuse to get out of Iowa for a few days in December/January and they are good to go.