Oliver Martin update

What size orange Julius did he order from you?
He ordered a large Pina Colada Julius! And then he autographed the cup for me, because I'm such a 'fan' and now my life is worth living!!! You got me good Undefeated! I feel so low now that I could play handball off a curb? Is there anyone on this site with an IQ over 80 or a mentality over the age of 10? Don't worry, I already know the answer.....

Kid's an amazing athlete. I don't care about his 40 time. He could play college baseball, which I think has been talked about on here, but I didn't realize what an amazing swimmer he is. His 50 free time, converted to meters, would have put him in the top half of American swimmers in last summer's Olympic Trials. Nothing about him says anything but a stud that Iowa will sorely miss if they don't get him.

The swimming is impressive. Not just the 50 times, but the fact that he has the endurance built up through the way swimming teams practice. Not worried about him loosing steam in the 4th Q.

The swimming is impressive. Not just the 50 times, but the fact that he has the endurance built up through the way swimming teams practice. Not worried about him loosing steam in the 4th Q.
Yeah WRs and DBs can run all day long at the D1 level. Pretty sure they run the crap out of those guys.

Looks like Iowa picked up another receiver today in the form of JUCO All-American walk-on, Nick Easley. I'm sure it doesn't impact Martin's decision, but I wouldn't be surprised to Easley on the field early and often.

He has got some really good ball skills and just plays the game hard-nosed. I know Hunter Browning was a Tight End, but that's kind of what his receiving game reminds me of. Just a guy who is willing to take the hits, go over the middle and make plays. He also has shown flashes Dedrick Pugh, although, admittedly, he's a few inches shorter.

Reactions: M83
Looks like Iowa picked up another receiver today in the form of JUCO All-American walk-on, Nick Easley. I'm sure it doesn't impact Martin's decision, but I wouldn't be surprised to Easley on the field early and often.

He has got some really good ball skills and just plays the game hard-nosed. I know Hunter Browning was a Tight End, but that's kind of what his receiving game reminds me of. Just a guy who is willing to take the hits, go over the middle and make plays. He also has shown flashes Dedrick Pugh, although, admittedly, he's a few inches shorter.

Maybe it's more a case that Martin's unannounced-yet-known-to-Iowa's decision impacted KF and he went and got this guy as a fall-back.

Probably a pretty good get considering he's "free".

Last edited:
I bet you never hear his name again just like 95% of all the walkons but I hope he becomes Larry Fitz.

Martin taking an official visit to Michigan State on 1/13.

I guess proximity and potential early playing time is in our favor but have to wonder how much he believes he can learn and grow with what he's seeing from the output of Kennedy and Davis.

Martin taking an official visit to Michigan State on 1/13.

I guess proximity and potential early playing time is in our favor but have to wonder how much he believes he can learn and grow with what he's seeing from the output of Kennedy and Davis.
I bet he's friends with that QB from West Dsm that's already committed there too... Rocky Lombardi.

Dominique Douglas comes to mind at first be we all know how that turned out.

That is really the only one I can think of. Keenan Davis played on ST, and I think he got the same looks Young did this year.....early games he ran a few wind sprints out on the field, never saw action again.

CJF was another one who we probably could have used on the outside his FR year, since he was a HS WR. While he could learn the blocking scheme and TE position, is it really that hard to throw him out there in the RedZone and say "Hey, we'll throw a jump ball.....post....fade...."

This staff can't recruit because they can't figure out how to use the players they have. KF insists they go through his rules first (block), then maybe see the field.

Martin doesn't come here and his reason will be he wants to play, and produce early

How many true freshman have played and actually contributed at WR under KF?

.....and how many Texas (or any state) recruits have Davis & Kennedy produced that have been significant contributors to the program during their nearly 5 years?

This staff can't recruit because they can't figure out how to use the players they have. KF insists they go through his rules first (block), then maybe see the field.

Martin doesn't come here and his reason will be he wants to play, and produce early

"He can't see the field until he learns to block like an o-lineman." (The form-letter WR excuse)

"He can't see the field until he learns the playbook." (The form-letter QB excuse)

"He can't be a starter until he gets bigger." (The form-letter RB excuse)

So who got shafted with these excuses?

Lots of players . . . with names like Canzeri - Wadley - Stanzi - CJB - Willies - Fleming - Sokol - Banks - whoever was behind Weisman. It's a long list.

if we don't get martin then it is an embarrassing indictment of our passing game and recruiting. a hometown kid that could come in and play right away.

And things ain't lookin' good for the Throwing Ferentzes

Last edited:

Latest posts