Oliver Martin update

This can't hurt us. Mentions two receivers they now have and their two "high-level receivers", neither of which is OM.
No mention of Martin there towards the end either. I'd take that as great news for us. Minus Michigan getting some other studs of their own anyway...

Yeah I agree. We lost two WRs so wouldn't be surprised to get another soon and HOPEFULLY Martin

The late Al Davis used the Raider's first pick (7th overall) in 2009 draft on Darius Hewayrd-Bey because he had the quickest 40 time

So, Iowa may get their "Lazard-like' receiver after all. Their second coming of KMM? Check out his 40 time of 4.57.

BTW, an elite 40 time for a WR is in the 4.38 range. Maybe he'll end up a tight end?
just an FYI for ya Homer, the #1 wr prospect in the 2017 class runs a 4.55. So by your definition hes not elite? Also over the last 5 years the average for an NFL WR is 4.55

So, Iowa may get their "Lazard-like' receiver after all. Their second coming of KMM? Check out his 40 time of 4.57.

BTW, an elite 40 time for a WR is in the 4.38 range. Maybe he'll end up a tight end?

I wonder why how people have come to the conclusion that 4.5 40 times are slow? It's just a measurement for acceleration, that's all. It doesn't mean you have reached maximum speed. It certainly doesn't mean you are slow.

I wonder why how people have come to the conclusion that 4.5 40 times are slow? It's just a measurement for acceleration, that's all. It doesn't mean you have reached maximum speed. It certainly doesn't mean you are slow.
No doubt. Most guys by the time they get 30ish yards will be at top speed. It's a matter of how fast can they get up to it. Those first 20ish yards after getting out of the 'blocks' is what dictates a fast time

For years hand held times were reported. Hand held times are anywhere from .1 to .25 seconds faster than actual times. Now a days if a laser timed run is reported it is accurate. Since they started the laser timings at the NFL combine we have found out that not many actual times are below 4.5 seconds. Normally there are a few and it is extremely rare to go below the 4.4 when laser timed. A few years ago the were something like 3 or so time below 4.45 at the combine. Have not checked it out lately.

Man I saw this thread bumped to the top and thought someone actually had an update. You jerks.

My feelings have flipped a thousand times here. Michigan dropping out and the ND mess made me almost certain he was a hawk. Now that he is still planning on taking visits puts me back on the fence.

Good for him for taking all of his visits. Make sure you are making the correct decision. He has visited Iowa multiple times and if he isn't sold by now, idk what will tip him this way.

My feelings have flipped a thousand times here. Michigan dropping out and the ND mess made me almost certain he was a hawk. Now that he is still planning on taking visits puts me back on the fence.

Good for him for taking all of his visits. Make sure you are making the correct decision. He has visited Iowa multiple times and if he isn't sold by now, idk what will tip him this way.

I think Martin will commit to Iowa. I think he is simply doing what Iowa tells all recruits to do. Take your visits and make sure of your decision. I think the way Iowa is recruiting WR right now that it signals they feel they have a very good shot with Martin.

ND has thrown out at least 3 new offers in the last 7 days to new WR candidates for this upcoming class............may mean nothing, may mean something.

I think Martin will commit to Iowa. I think he is simply doing what Iowa tells all recruits to do. Take your visits and make sure of your decision. I think the way Iowa is recruiting WR right now that it signals they feel they have a very good shot with Martin.

Wait, did they forget to tell Eno to do that?

Latest posts