Oliver Martin update

I think we need to move on from this kid, start looking for some guys who aren't committed yet or who are looking at mac schools or uni.

Come on guys, what's the latest? Did he get any Notre Dame stuff for Christmas, or Oregon stuff, or Hawkeye stuff? I mean, it's the day after Christmas, what's taking so long? These are the tidbits we need to know.

Come on guys, what's the latest? Did he get any Notre Dame stuff for Christmas, or Oregon stuff, or Hawkeye stuff? I mean, it's the day after Christmas, what's taking so long? These are the tidbits we need to know.

I'm sure Santa Kirk already came to town in the Martin household. And on the twelveth day of Christmas or so OM declares for Iowa.

I talked to his girlfriend's best friend's mom's sister's hairdresser that hooks up with a dude a buddy of mine heard about and he said he heard he doesn't know where he wants to go to school.

My sources tell me he wants to be his own man and go to a real football school with a real stadium and a nationwide fan base and regular specials on the prestigious NBC Sports Network.

I was being serious and my info has always been accurate. I don't know his hairdressers sister or whatever and I didn't gawk, follow him or take pictures like most of you grazers would have.

ND wide receivers coach, Mike Denbrock, was reported in the last 12 hours to have accepted OC position at Cincinnati under new coach, Luke Fickell. Sounds like ND is now trying to hold on to him as this report is now being questioned.

Denbrock has been a key contact and recruiter for Martin.

Lots of talk about 40 speed in this thread and generic comments about ability to get open. Having seen him run drills and play a few games, I definitely know that he can get open. His cuts are fantastic.

Now, for his choice, it seems that he is keeping everyone in the dark. Makes me wonder if there might be other schools in the mix. If ever there was a situation for a signing day surprise, this would be it. Maybe he is waiting until the last day to see where the best offer is.

The kid is just taking his time and sorting through his options. The drama that happened with Eno and the Texas recruits would have been prevented if they just did the same thing. It isn't that difficult to figure out. Ferentz made it pretty clear in his interview with Rob. A commitment is a commitment. If you aren't ready to make one then don't make it. I do believe Iowa is probably the favorite here, but clearly Martin realizes once he makes that decision there is no turning back. So he's doing exactly what he should do. He's making damn sure he when he commits he's making the right choice for him.

Kid's an amazing athlete. I don't care about his 40 time. He could play college baseball, which I think has been talked about on here, but I didn't realize what an amazing swimmer he is. His 50 free time, converted to meters, would have put him in the top half of American swimmers in last summer's Olympic Trials. Nothing about him says anything but a stud that Iowa will sorely miss if they don't get him.

Would rather get Ihmir Marsette to flip. Way higher ceiling than Oliver and we'd probably have Queen Latifah singing the National Anthem once a year!!!

I think our lack of a powerhouse traditional swimming team is really going to come back and hurt us here. This guy is going to swim where the water is warm and that looks like South Bend right now.

Latest posts