Oliver Martin Transfer

Here’s Michigan’s spring depth chart. It’s the last one released.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.freep.com/amp/3352446002

That spring depth chart is kinda proving my point. It notes that two of the guys I mentioned as being ahead of Martin: Collins & Peoples-Jones, were injured in the spring and weren't listed with height/weight/year, they were listed as injured.

Collins and Peoples-Jones are Michigans top 2 returning WRs. They had 1,200 yards recieving and 14 TDs last year between them. Everyone knows they're Michigan's top guys. And Tarik Black might be more talented than they are. He's been held back by injuries. He's played in 4 less games than Martin in his career but has more catches and yards. than he does.

That spring depth chart is kinda proving my point. It notes that two of the guys I mentioned as being ahead of Martin: Collins & Peoples-Jones, were injured in the spring and weren't listed with height/weight/year, they were listed as injured.

Collins and Peoples-Jones are Michigans top 2 returning WRs. They had 1,200 yards recieving and 14 TDs last year between them. Everyone knows they're Michigan's top guys. And Tarik Black might be more talented than they are. He's been held back by injuries. He's played in 4 less games than Martin in his career but has more catches and yards. than he does.

It doesn't prove your point at all. As I posted national guys were hearing he wasn't buried on the depth chart, that he actually might be the most complete WR behind Collins.

Well it is possible that Martin has looked really good lately. Who knows. But if he's really their 2nd best receiver, he would be our best one.

Where was it reported that OM was behind those three guys? Did the Michigan coaches say that? Did the Michigan coaches say he was also behind three other new receivers as well as the three you named? Have you heard from the Iowa coaches that he will be behind four of their receivers when he’s ready to play?

It doesn't prove your point at all. As I posted national guys were hearing he wasn't buried on the depth chart, that he actually might be the most complete WR behind Collins.

Fair enough. I was simply going by who has produced more on the field in their time at Michigan.

I find it somewhat odd that a national writer knows more about Michigan's WR depth chart than a Michigan beat writer does who contributes to Lindy's but I'm not a writer or a reporter.

Where was it reported that OM was behind those three guys? Did the Michigan coaches say that? Did the Michigan coaches say he was also behind three other new receivers as well as the three you named? Have you heard from the Iowa coaches that he will be behind four of their receivers when he’s ready to play?

No is the answer to all those questions. I was going on who produced more on the field at Michigan and by the 3 depth charts I've seen. Now I've seen 4 and obviously Martin was ahead of those guys according on that one.

As far as my comment on the Iowa WRs compared to Martin, just sticking up for the Iowa guys. I think two have proven to be good players and the other two will also.

I'm not saying he was their #1 but he was right up there with 2,3.
No matter how it shakes out he is probably going to be extremely good. Is extremely good.
As for Michigan, well just as rb goes, you had better not have a big drop off when #2 needs to step in.
If they are going 3,4 wide, there is a good chance that he would have been in the mix, but even if not, he was about tied for 2 or 3rd in the room, so big loss for them and HUGE gain for us.
In the end either Nate is going to have a weapon his last year or whoever takes over QB next year will.
OM just needs to eat sleep and shit the play book and run crisp routes.
Everything after that will work itself out fine.

Well it is possible that Martin has looked really good lately. Who knows. But if he's really their 2nd best receiver, he would be our best one.

Had a chance to see the young man today. Running routes and catching w/o pads from some kid who is not a QB.

Martin definitely looks like our best WR. Most recent Iowa comparison DJK. He was just silky smooth and very fast. Caught every ball except for the 2 horrid overthrows and 1 underthrow. Couple of 1 handed grabs.

I'm going out on a limb here, but if Martin gets the waiver. He starts day 1 outside across from B Smith.

Like I stated in the other OM threads I only saw him play once or twice in a Michigan uniform. If he will have the impact some project, then sign me up.

As far as my comment on the Iowa WRs compared to Martin, just sticking up for the Iowa guys. I think two have proven to be good players and the other two will also.

You admit you're not even shooting for rational thought, just braindead virtue signaling. Do you realize how it sounds to say you were sticking up for someone no one was attacking?
I'll make it simple for you . . . COMPLIMENTING SOMEONE IS NOT THE SAME AS INSULTING SOMEONE ELSE.
Do us all a favor and stop pretending you are clairvoyant.

Welcome OM, hope you get a waiver and ****ing kill it. We’re going to need productive WR’s this season with no proven TE receiver threats.

No is the answer to all those questions. I was going on who produced more on the field at Michigan and by the 3 depth charts I've seen. Now I've seen 4 and obviously Martin was ahead of those guys according on that one.

I hope good Stanley looks first to our wide'outs/slots b4 the old stand by TE's!

Had a chance to see the young man today. Running routes and catching w/o pads from some kid who is not a QB.

Martin definitely looks like our best WR. Most recent Iowa comparison DJK. He was just silky smooth and very fast. Caught every ball except for the 2 horrid overthrows and 1 underthrow. Couple of 1 handed grabs.

I'm going out on a limb here, but if Martin gets the waiver. He starts day 1 outside across from B Smith.
that is going out on a limb

That would shoot down a waiver request based upon OC change if he was still on the two deep after spring.

That would shoot down a waiver request based upon OC change if he was still on the two deep after spring.

Not at all, you are way off base, his waiver has nothing to do with his spot on the depth chart. Martin can say he gave the new OC and new offense a chance, but that isn't what he signed up for. He went to Michigan wanting to play in a pro style offense, NOT a spread offense, and now a spread offense has been forced upon him.

Wonder what he thought about being listed behind a true freshman? Not a good sign.

Ruddock was listed as a backup at Iowa behind a younger player. Still worked out for Michigan to take him in and play him at QB.

Martin decided to come to Iowa, even though he could have stayed at Michigan another year, played, and then been a grad transfer to Iowa and played two years here as well. He wants to be at Iowa for reasons other than a depth chart, that is obvious.

Latest posts