Oliver Martin Transfer

BGOLD

Surprised this hasn't been posted on here yet, but according to several Michigan outlets Martin is transferring and all signs point toward Iowa.

Seems to be a lot of smoke around this rumor right now, so I'm leaning toward believing it. If it is true, he would have to sit a year and would have 2 years of eligibility. That would be great to help replace Smith and Smith after their Sr. years.

Would he be a grad transfer? If not how many years of eligibility would he have left?
He burned his redshirt year before last, played last season, then if he transferred he’d have to burn another year, so he’d have two to play if he transfers to another D-1 school.

In my opinion this is a meh opportunity. I’ve heard he had big problems learning the playbook and in my opinion hasn’t turned out to be the prospect everyone thought he was. Which happens.

Brandon Smith is probably the only receiver on Iowa's roster right now who could crack Michigan's top 6 at receiver. This would be a good thing.

Exactly! Another guy who can build more depth and competition would be a great thing. Right now it sounds like we have 4 guys (Smith, Smith, Nico and Tracy). That needs to be built to 5 or 6 deep each year, then you aren't totally restarting when guys graduate.

Why would we want Michigan's 5 or 6 receiver. Lets just recruit a guy that wants to play for IOWA.

Why would Michigan want an Iowa QB who got beat out? . . . maybe because they wanted a double-digit win season and a bowl victory?

"Rudock was named the MVP of the 2016 Citrus Bowl. Rudock became the first quarterback in Michigan history to throw for at least 250 yards in five consecutive games."

If he shows the proper contrition, keeps his mouth shut and stays out of trouble, he’ll be out of the doghouse quickly. Kirk loves guys like this.

The true question is whether his talent is actually elite or if that was all a smoke and mirrors recruiting miss.

Probably wasn't putting proper crease in Harbaugh's Wal-Mart khakis and not pre-bending the bill of his block M hats.

Latest posts