Oliver Martin to Michigan

Well, I guess I called that one, at least the timing, by posting a few minutes ago about him saying he was going to announce before signing day.

Bums me out. Rich get richer. Another highly recruited Iowa wr to Mich. Certainly doesn't appear timing of offer meant much.

The elusive elite wr...remains elusive.

I hate Harbaugh.

I wish the kid well, and don't blame him at all, but F Michigan.

Last edited:
Bums me out. Rich get richer.

The elusive wr...remains elusive.

I hate Harbaugh.

Yea this is a major bummer. I do think Martin will play for Michigan but probably not until his junior year. He could have played as a true freshman at Iowa. Hopefully his parents don't mind 10 hour drives.

I think the swimming connection with his sister played out more than what we can imagine. Hate to see him leave the state but I doubt Jimmy is there to shake his hand on Sr day. He will wear out his welcome like he does everywhere else he's been within 3 yrs.

I think the swimming connection with his sister played out more than what we can imagine. Hate to see him leave the state but I doubt Jimmy is there to shake his hand on Sr day. He will wear out his welcome like he does everywhere else he's been within 3 yrs.
Agreed.. Michigan's swimming program is top notch

Nope. I still think the timing was a big issue. Not coming in early was huge. And it opened the door for the others.

The other offers were still gonna come. Clearly timing didn't matter for Mich.

An early offer from Iowa may possibly prompted even more offers.

Yep, I'm bitter on this one.

Latest posts