Oliver Martin offered by Oregon

More evidence that rankings and Stars are based on a lot besides actual ability or projected performance.

I think that on this case, the stars are right. He performed great with elite competition, was noticed while doing so, and got a bump. That's how star ratings should work, right? Now if bama offers and he gets another star, that would bug. But this...I think it makes sense.

I think that on this case, the stars are right. He performed great with elite competition, was noticed while doing so, and got a bump. That's how star ratings should work, right? Now if bama offers and he gets another star, that would bug. But this...I think it makes sense.

Makes sense. But there's also the "who's showing interest" component. We've seen kids' stars go up simply based on a new school recruiting them or signing them when nothing else changed. Notre Dame or Michigan steps in, suddenly the kid's rating goes up.

Chicken/Egg thing in some cases, like Martin. But he's the real deal.

Good Lord, we were on Pierschbacher when he was about 8 frigging years old. Back yard, etc. Can you not read, or do you just choose to acknowledge only those points that support your thoughts?

How early was the staff on Arrington? Darboh? French? Maybe the kid is giving off a "vibe" that he wants out of Iowa. Either he chooses Iowa or he doesn't. If he chooses the school that was showing earliest interest, so be it. If THAT is what folks fear, why are they bemoaning Michigan, Oregon, et., al, offers?

I think you may have unwittingly touched upon a sore spot with some fans.

Talented receivers in Kirk's backyard.

Arrington
Darboh
French
Keenan Davis
Willies
Oliver Martin

Only one of them (possibly 2 with Martin) finished their career in Iowa City. And WR is a tough position to recruit to Iowa for some reason so we get excited when it looks like shooting fish in a barrel. Yes, I'm aware that McNutt and DJK were awesome. But us fans are greedy when it comes to recruiting. We want that Biletnikoff winner. Hey, we want the best for our kids and our coach. If we could deliver a plate of 4*s to Kirk every Feb we would.

Last edited:

Latest posts