Olaseni Article (recent)

It's amazing how little respect these kids have for our program. We're basically a last resort in case no other BCS or elite mid-major programs offer. And that's after Fran and staff have been recruiting a kid for a year...which does not speak positively of Fran's ability to sell the program.
Really? Is that what it means?
I think you are giving random specuation and nothing more.
IMO its just as likley that FM is a driven man and he is about success and kids dedication to that success is important. LOTS of young people just can't stomach that drive and expectation.

You are not the only one, HawkIhoops. I can see the reasons by really do not understand their reluctance. These are not the recruits that the elite schools are after. Perhaps it is just a sigh of the times.

Hoiberg will be hiring Dayton's assistant to replace Lutz and both of those guys are on ISU's radar. To what extent I don't know. I don't even know how good they are.

I would love to see us sign 3 guys, 1 or 2 being guys we weren't expecting, and watch these guys like Olaseni get left out in the cold (especially if Oklahoma doesn't offer). Personally if I was Fran I would pull the offer if Oklahoma hasn't offered and he still won't commit. He obviously doesn't want to come here. It's a joke that he's pretty much clearly saying "Iowa is my last resort". Now obviously this may not be true since I'm basing this off internet chatter, but it sure seems like that's the case. I don't want guys like that. It's guys like him that would come here, and then transfer after 1 season because their feelings got hurt.

Both of these guys would be really nice pick-ups for the Hawks.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqHeFc-lfHw"]Link[/ame]

Hoiberg will be hiring Dayton's assistant to replace Lutz and both of those guys are on ISU's radar. To what extent I don't know. I don't even know how good they are.

Both are quality players. From what I've heard, Henton is the more polished player. But take that FWIW.
What does ISU's schollie situation look like right now?

I think Olaseni better be careful. Iowa is already looking at another prospect and Caff has shown he won't be played by these kids. If Iowa drops out and OU never offers, and he decides to wait 3 more weeks....well it could be very unpredictable.
This.

Both are quality players. From what I've heard, Henton is the more polished player. But take that FWIW.
What does ISU's schollie situation look like right now?

ISU has one available for the 2011 class. 2 if Railey is booted...I have no info. on that.

No premium info. Former Dayton commit that pulled out.
Report: Detroit Southeastern basketball standouts will not attend Dayton | detnews.com | The Detroit News

It's a 6'8" kid named Percy Gibson. Iowa coaches visited him this weekend. He's got some offers already and his recruitment is picking up steam. No idea what our chances are but it shows Caff isn't sitting on his hands.

Izzo is interested too from what I have heard. Iowa might not have a hand in it.

EDIT - um... yeah... the article you linked mentions MSU (I'm an idiot)

Izzo is interested too from what I have heard. Iowa might not have a hand in it.

EDIT - um... yeah... the article you linked mentions MSU (I'm an idiot)

It's a valid point though. It goes without saying that if Izzo offers, we're out of it. Of course, we have to offer first to technically be out of it.

There is so much misinformation out there right now. It's almost hard to know what to believe.
It's definitely the craziest spring signing period I can recall. Heck with "spring", it might be the craziest signing period ever. :)

6' 9", 240 pounds, averaged 21 points and 12 rebounds in leading his school to its first Detroit Public League title in 55 years...

Nice backup option for Fran if he can't sell Cougs on rejoining the program.

If he's trying to sell Cougs on rejoining the program then we're in worse shape then we thought.

We just need one of the guys we've offered to give US some relief!! We've got10-12 names getting banted around with no one commiting. IS Fran going to drop a bomb and have three guys all commit at same time?? I sure hope so.

won't press you to disclose who the prospect is (if premium info), but is it another big man?
Iowa is still looking at several prospects. Maybe Fran isn't completely sold on a project anyway. Lets just back off and let the staff do their work. Are opinion means absolutely nothing to the coaches and are expertise is far below theirs.

Iowa is still looking at several prospects. Maybe Fran isn't completely sold on a project anyway. Lets just back off and let the staff do their work. Are opinion means absolutely nothing to the coaches and are expertise is far below theirs.

Then why do you read this board? There are actually a few people around here who do know a thing or two about college basketball.

I think Olesani is secretly holding out for a Nebraska offer. Apparently it's what all the kids want this year.

On a (slightly) more serious note, I like the idea of commit or good bye.

If he thinks there's something better out there then the young man should go and find it and stop wasting the staff's time.

We got Cartwright in June and I didn't know a thing about him...maybe others did. I'm not the least bit concerned. If guys are yanking our chain and/or don't have the talent Fran wants then forget it.

Bank all of the scholarships and see what next year brings. I know we need a PG and a big but not if they're just going to sit on the bench, whine and transfer next spring. My personal preference is to get guys which fit the long term plan.

I know it's frustrating that the kids don't jump on an offer from Iowa but it's been mentioned that Fran and his staff do not high pressure these kids to sign right away. They encourage the recruits to take their time to be sure of what they want to do. If we keep going 0 for, then maybe the approach will have to change. I admit I am as frustrated as everyone else.

No premium info. Former Dayton commit that pulled out.
Report: Detroit Southeastern basketball standouts will not attend Dayton | detnews.com | The Detroit News

It's a 6'8" kid named Percy Gibson. Iowa coaches visited him this weekend. He's got some offers already and his recruitment is picking up steam. No idea what our chances are but it shows Caff isn't sitting on his hands.

The old staff, namely LaVall Jordan was in on this kid early and Iowa was one of his top schools, until the staff was fired. That said, he is a very good player and would give Iowa a bruiser that would compliment Basabe. Gibson also runs the floor and if he was headed to Dayton, I am sold, they had two top 30 classes back to back until Gregory left.
FYI-his high school teammate Brandon Kearney is headed to MSU.

The old staff, namely LaVall Jordan was in on this kid early and Iowa was one of his top schools, until the staff was fired. That said, he is a very good player and would give Iowa a bruiser that would compliment Basabe. Gibson also runs the floor and if he was headed to Dayton, I am sold, they had two top 30 classes back to back until Gregory left.
FYI-his high school teammate Brandon Kearney is headed to MSU.

Good info. Thanks.

Latest posts