O'Keefe's first call on Saturday

I'm going with a play action to the left, Ricky rolls right and hits McNutt for a 73 yard TD pass. My guess is we have 10 offensive plays in the first half, 6 of which will be touchdowns. 42-3 at halftime.

I would bet that the first 10 plays will be ALL running.

Do we have more than 10 plays?
1) run off tackle
2) Sweep
3) PA Roll Out to a TE or WR
4) the old Hayden Fry 3rd down draw play
5) RB Screen
6) Jailbreak Screen
7) WR 7 yard Square Outs (the pick 6 pay in the Orange Bowl)
8) WR Slant
9) PA Deep ball
10)WR Cross

I think I got almost all of them...

The actual play called in the huddle is the stretch run to the left. However Stanzi gets up to the line sees 8 in the box, changes the play to the PA off of the stretch and the TE drag across the field. Reisner goes for 14 for a 1st down and the crowd gets loud and pumped. After that, they see if they can simply run the ball down their throat.

We run the first play, no question about that. We want to see how our line holds up. I say a simple run between the LT and LG, ARob follows the FB for a 7 yard gain.

BTW, play two will be the same play, diff side of the line. And we will have a 1st down.
Of course we run the first play...if we didn't do that there wouldn't be a second play..;)

Be prepared for a very conservative offensive game plan for Saturday. I don't see Iowa mixing things up very much. I think they'll concentrate on getting the O-line gelling and pound the football. I predict a 4:1 run/pass ratio.

Be prepared for a very conservative offensive game plan for Saturday. I don't see Iowa mixing things up very much. I think they'll concentrate on getting the O-line gelling and pound the football. I predict a 4:1 run/pass ratio.

Think they'll be gellin'? Will you be yellin'?? ;):D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFGYu82uwJA]YouTube - Dr. Scholl's - Gellin' Wedding[/ame]

Who ever remembers the first play anyway? Actually I do remember one. It was in '97. Hawks ran a fake reverse to TD and Tavian took it to the house. That was the beginning of a mildly big day for Tavian. :)

So to answer the OP question: Play action pass to DJK for 11.

Latest posts