O'Keefe Says Goodbye

HawkeyeHypnosis

O’Keefe says goodbye | TheGazette

From article:

“It’s a unique opportunity,â€￾ O’Keefe said. “I’ve known Joe since he was 17-years-old. It’s hard to walk away from this because of [Iowa head coach] Kirk [Ferentz] and the kids, obviously, and the community of Iowa City, which has been so good to us, as well. It is a little unique because of our relationship, and the timing just happens to be right.â€￾

Philbin, who served as O-line coach under Ferentz and O’Keefe from*1999-2003,*moved from Green Bay’s offensive coordinator to Miami’s head coach on Jan. 21.*O’Keefe wasn’t clear on the timeline, but it sounded as though*the*deal*was finalized after*the national signing period began for recruits on*Feb. 1.

“There are a lot of other things that took place, but recently we were able to have a talk, after the signing day,â€￾ O’Keefe said. “It’s just a unique opportunity right now.*I’m so grateful for the time Kirk Ferentz gave us here at Iowa. It’s an unbelievable place.â€￾

wonder what tate had to say to him. seemed like they had a rough relationship at times but a lot of respect between the two.

I may not have agreed with some of his playcalling but I know for a fact O'Keefe was a stand up guy. And that is worth a lot in today's age.

I wish nothing but the best of luck to Coach O'Keefe in all his future endeavors!! Make us proud Ken!! Get a ring!!

I may not have agreed with some of his playcalling but I know for a fact O'Keefe was a stand up guy. And that is worth a lot in today's age.

I wish nothing but the best of luck to Coach O'Keefe in all his future endeavors!! Make us proud Ken!! Get a ring!!

BUMP.........Agree. Ken O'Keefe is a very standup, cool guy. Also, wish the O'Keefe family nothing but the best down in South Florida. No shoveling!!!!!

Gonna miss being able to predict our play calls on offense every game... Bye

I'll guess your level of play calling ability: run or pass.

Thanks Coach O'Keefe - How many award-winning players at Iowa under your watch? Finished in the top 10 30% of your tenure? The top 3 leading WR's all time come from your era?

Not bad, not bad at all.

This thread is awesome, kinda sappy but I'm sure he appreciates all your love for him. Keeping it real up in here, wish he woulda left years ago. Stand up guy or not, not the best Offense mind in football. (for the record I'm not claiming to be) so all you tards that say I'm a couch coach or sure im so much better.... I wasn't getting paid to be or claiming to be, so pound sand.

I may not have agreed with some of his playcalling but I know for a fact O'Keefe was a stand up guy. And that is worth a lot in today's age. I wish nothing but the best of luck to Coach O'Keefe in all his future endeavors!! Make us proud Ken!! Get a ring!!

O'Keefe will win hardware in the NFL before Kurt will win the Rose Bowl.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifm00JEjSeo&ob=av3e]Bon Jovi - Never Say Goodbye - YouTube[/ame]

Latest posts