O'Keefe Says Goodbye

We'll miss you Kent. The state of Florida just got a whole lot classier. To Kent O'Keith! A man of great character. I can say with great confidence, from years of experience, that Kent will most certainly be forever remembered as the least offensive member of the Hawkeye Football program. God speed, Kent, we will miss you.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLQl3WQQoQ0&ob=av3e]Adele - Someone Like You - YouTube[/ame]

You know how the time flies
Only yesterday was the time of our lives
We were born and raised
In a summer haze
Bound by the surprise of our glory days

Nothing compares
No worries or cares
Regrets and mistakes
They are memories made.
Who would have known how bittersweet this would taste?

I hate to turn up out of the blue uninvited
But I couldn't stay away, I couldn't fight it.
I'd hoped you'd see my face and that you'd be reminded
That for me it isn't over.

Never mind, I'll find someone like you
I wish nothing but the best for you too
Don't forget me, I beg
I remember you said,
"Sometimes it lasts in love but sometimes it hurts instead."​

O'Keefe will win hardware in the NFL before Kurt will win the Rose Bowl.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifm00JEjSeo&ob=av3e

What about before he gets to a Rose Bowl? Lets get there then talk about winning it. 1/2 in BCS games is nice, but we cant even get to a Rose Bowl here. Id trade any and all other BCS wins for just one Rose Bowl win, but College Football is different now so Oranges should be just as pretty as Roses I suppose....

Interesting.

Philbin works under KOK, later becomes successful OC in NFL and now Head Coach in NFL.

KOK now works under Philbin.

KOK probably wouldn't trade his time in IC for anything. OR would he?

Argument for not staying in the same position for 13 years?

KOK was searching for a job last year. Maybe that wasn't the first time?

Was he trying real hard to get out? Why?

Anyone know approximately what he will make in Miami?

Is this the career advancement everyone is claiming?

In case you are wondering, I believe Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone. Mostly. :)

Regardless, I was never a big fan of his play calling but presumably KF had him on a short leash.

Never met him but I everyone I talk to who knows him sez he is a great guy.

Good Luck, Ken.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMZiQtzrS00]The Office - Cruising for a bruising - Goodbye, Toby - YouTube[/ame]

Haha sorta like that I kid I kid.

I wish him the best .

Interesting.

Philbin works under KOK, later becomes successful OC in NFL and now Head Coach in NFL.

KOK now works under Philbin.

KOK probably wouldn't trade his time in IC for anything. OR would he?

Argument for not staying in the same position for 13 years?

KOK was searching for a job last year. Maybe that wasn't the first time?

Was he trying real hard to get out? Why?

Anyone know approximately what he will make in Miami?

Is this the career advancement everyone is claiming?

In case you are wondering, I believe Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone. Mostly. :)

Regardless, I was never a big fan of his play calling but presumably KF had him on a short leash.

Never met him but I everyone I talk to who knows him sez he is a great guy.

Good Luck, Ken.

The answers you seek will be revealed on 12-21-12

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegashawki
Gonna miss being able to predict our play calls on offense every game... Bye
I'll guess your level of play calling ability: run or pass.

Thanks Coach O'Keefe - How many award-winning players at Iowa under your watch? Finished in the top 10 30% of your tenure? The top 3 leading WR's all time come from your era?

Not bad, not bad at all.

Totally agree with the above statement. He'll be missed, and hoping we continue to have overall success as a program.

This thread is awesome, kinda sappy but I'm sure he appreciates all your love for him. Keeping it real up in here, wish he woulda left years ago. Stand up guy or not, not the best Offense mind in football. (for the record I'm not claiming to be) so all you tards that say I'm a couch coach or sure im so much better.... I wasn't getting paid to be or claiming to be, so pound sand.

KOK play calling much better than your postings. It always amazes me that critics can be so sensitive to criticism or people disagreeing with them .

I am willing to bet that information on how to make or purchase one is on the website for the apocalypse for a nominal fee. After all, if you're really concerned about it you should be hording as much useless currency as possible prior to it coming from your fellow kool-aid consumers.

He did take alot of abuse...

However not going to feel sorry for a guy who makes 6 figures a year coaching football.

Over time, I will forget about the predictable play calling and the lack of imagination in the passing game.

But I will never forget, as long as I live, that Ken was the one solely responsible for getting JC out of the starting lineup and replacing him with Stanzi.

KF should be forever grateful to KOK for literally saving his job because it was KF that wanted Jake.

Thanks KOK!!

It will be interesting to see how things play out next year. Too bad he won't be the Dolphins' OC so we can compare apples to apples. While I'm happy to see some new blood and fresh ideas, I do think KOK showed some major cajones from time to time and I appreciate the work he did. Much success sir. I might just have to root for the Dolphins now that they are headed up by someone with Iowa ties.

What a bunch of saps. All you guys did was harp on the guy and now that he's gone, you're all teary-eyed.

Latest posts