O'Keefe Remembered

okeefe4prez

What is your favorite O'Keefe play call?

Mine was the 4th and 1 against Missouri at the end of the Insight Bowl. Coker had mauled them all day, the clock was ticking away and a first down would ice the game. Play action to the tight end and just missed a TD and then took a knee to end it.

Second favorite was prolly the Wegher TD run to ice the Orange Bowl.

jeez, you are on a roll. Do you pollute the Northwestern boards with this crap as much as you do ours?

Mine was the 4th and 1 against Missouri at the end of the Insight Bowl. Coker had mauled them all day, the clock was ticking away and a first down would ice the game. Play action to the tight end and just missed a TD and then took a knee to end it.

I have many ranging from 1st & 10 - pass incomplete, 2nd and 10 - run for 1-2 yds, 3rd and 8 - pass incomplete then punt.

Hand off to Green on 4th and short when he got stuffed and Iowa lost the game at MSU....

Oh wait, that's the play that epitomizes his overall play calling at Iowa.

That really was a hell of a playcall. There were games where KOK really was dialing up all of the right stuff. Screen in Insight Bowl was nice.

Hand off to Green on 4th and short when he got stuffed and Iowa lost the game at MSU....

Oh wait, that's the play that epitomizes his overall play calling at Iowa.

A blown blocking assignment epitomizes his play calling?

You've got Shonn Freaking Greene on the team and you advocate doing anything BUT giving him the rock on 4th and short???

Man, this board desperately needs a minimum IQ test.

You've got Shonn Freaking Greene on the team and you advocate doing anything BUT giving him the rock on 4th and short???

Yeah, that really makes no sense. What I love about 4th and short plays is that if you run it people always say "why would you run that, everyone knows it's coming."

And if you run play action or pass or something like that people say stuff like "if you can't convert 4th and 1 by running it you didn't deserve to win anyways."

Basically a 4th down call is only a good play call if it works.

I loved it when KOK DIALED UP the WR pass; for instance, Clinton Solomon to Drew Tate in the Senior Game in...whatever year that was when Solomon was a Sr.

Oh, and any play when #7 Marvin McNutt Jr. did something spectacular - all credit to KOK for Marvin's genes.

OK4P, you listening to this as you read this thread?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSz16ngdsG0]sarah mclachlan - i will remember you - YouTube[/ame]

Heartily seconded! Some people on here need to get a clue.

The poor FB went the wrong way on that play & left Greene hanging. It happens...but to try to suggest that was a bad play call in that situation is just asinine.

Wasnt the waggle bootleg throw against Missou was on 3rd and short.

Do you really think KF and KOK would go on 4th and 1 late in the game at their own 40 yard line?

Other than that, KOK was one of the first to call the fake bubble screen when Dallas Clark faked a block and went deep while defense suck up on the fake bubble screen. Clark was wide wide open for an easy TD.

Latest posts