O'Keefe Remembered

Naked bootleg leaving Stanzi exposed (with big lead already) and injured against NWU 2009 resulting in no Rose Bowl.

Just to be positive I'll say 2002 iowa at michigan. We're deep in their territory late with a good lead but needing to ice it. Shovel pass to jermelle lewis goes for 15 andseals it. Never saw that play again unfortunately. That was a wide open offense that year. I have plenty of evidence.

Naked bootleg leaving Stanzi exposed (with big lead already) and injured against NWU 2009 resulting in no Rose Bowl.

1- 10-0 in the 2nd quarter is not a "big lead".

2- Were you complaining about pretty much the same play call the week before against Indiana when it went for a 92 yard TD to McNutt?

4th and goal from the 5 vs Michigan with seconds left.. May have even been OT... 24 home game winning streak on the line.. Shovel pass, never saw it before that, never saw it after....

Really? Could have sworn J. Lewis scored on one up in Ann Arbor just 3 years before that from about 15-20 yards out. KOK called a masterful game that day in 2002.

I loved it when KOK DIALED UP the WR pass; for instance, Clinton Solomon to Drew Tate in the Senior Game in...whatever year that was when Solomon was a Sr.

You may be thinking of Soloman hitting Hinkel for Eddie's 4th TD of the game on Senior Day in 2005 against the Goophs.

1- 10-0 in the 2nd quarter is not a "big lead".

2- Were you complaining about pretty much the same play call the week before against Indiana when it went for a 92 yard TD to McNutt?

You cant compare the Indiana play and the Northwestern play. Iowa had no choice against Indiana. They had to push the ball downfield and it was do or die time. Against NW? Iowa has all the momentum, a top 10 defense and an all american punter. Run safe plays by the goal line, use the Ryan Donahue weapon and ride that defense, live to fight another day.

Another favorite play of mine was against Wisconsin in 02. Iowa fakes the tunnel screen to CJ Jones and throws over the top to a wide open Dallas Clark. Just a beautiful play and design that was set up a week before where Iowa ran the tunnel screen 3 times and twice for td's at Michigan.