Ok, What the h*ll was wrong with McDonough

CaneHawk62

Season is over, no need to hide things anymore. How can 1 person who made the finals his first three years not even be all-american his senior year? Somebody needs to spill whatever injury or what the h*ll was going on with him this year. This has been more well protected than fricken Area 51 this year.

It's been discussed on this board for days:) A torn labrum is an injury to the shoulder joint. Labral tears can cause pain, instability, and difficulty with strength

When did it happen? Could he have sat and healed it? Back-ups at 125 were clark and did they not want to burn his redshirt?

Torn Labrum requires surgery to fix. It makes the shoulder joint extremely unstable. When i had mine done from a football injury, my shoulder would slip out of the socket constantly. I would imagine it would be very difficult to wrestle with this injury.

I was wondering back in December if he was hurt. I have no clue, but I would almost guess this happened early in the season.

So if this happened at freestyle trials and he was iffy for the season, why not sit him with medical redshirt? We could have had clark wrestle this year, sit mcdonough. Wrestle matt next year and redshirt clark and wouldnt have lost anything. Could that not have been possible?

So if this happened at freestyle trials and he was iffy for the season, why not sit him with medical redshirt? We could have had clark wrestle this year, sit mcdonough. Wrestle matt next year and redshirt clark and wouldnt have lost anything. Could that not have been possible?

He redshirted as a freshman, so it wasn't an option.

If it wasn't documented properly in the eyes of the NCAA, no. Not saying it wasn't, I've just seen how inconsistent the medical hardship grants can be, and 9/10 it comes down to the documentation process and if they knew they wouldn't I can see them doing the best they could with McD.

If it wasn't documented properly in the eyes of the NCAA, no. Not saying it wasn't, I've just seen how inconsistent the medical hardship grants can be, and 9/10 it comes down to the documentation process and if they knew they wouldn't I can see them doing the best they could with McD.

If the injury happened in December, he may have competed to far in to the season to be granted the medical red shirt.

Would the back-ups, whoever they may be, not given us more, especially at nationals? Clark beat Delgado, I would think he could at least place top eight. Just seems like the best thing for the entire team and Matt was not done.

Would the back-ups, whoever they may be, not given us more, especially at nationals? Clark beat Delgado, I would think he could at least place top eight. Just seems like the best thing for the entire team and Matt was not done.

It's easy to look back and say what "we" should have done, but the truth is you do not bench a 3 time finalist, 2 time champ AND burn a redshirt for Clark to see what he can do. Brands knew McD was hurt, but he knew what McD was capable of. He's a stud and has more big match experience than 99% of wrestlers competing last weekend. For all that Matt has done for this team there is no possible way you don't let him wrestle in NCAA's for his final season. Now that we got through last weekend, we now have Clark for 4 years. As good as he is, he has some HUGE shoes to fill.

You don't burn a redshirt on a freshman that's behind a 3 time NCAA Finalist. You just don't do it. Clark is going to be needed for the next four years.

If he got hurt during the season then I completely agree. You don't burn a red shirt and sit a 2 time champion on the sideline. But if he hurt it before the season, as I have heard someone suggest, then it was a catastrophic failure to wrestle him if he could have gotten an medical red shirt.

Latest posts