Ok, here is your chance...

Closer than what it might first appear. Nebraska's D plays its best game of the year but still not enough. Wisconsin 27, Nebraska 23.

I think Wisconsin scores in the 40's and we may reach the low 30's. Last time we played a game that involved Lee Corso and the game day crew, we got smoked by USC at home. Martinez will get rattled I think like he did against OU in the CCG last year and Texass at home. Maybe I should go night fishing instead... :(

Some of you guys need to put your hatred for Wisconsin aside for one week and actually cheer for Wisconsin, any and all help the Hawks can get this year is going to be needed to win the division.

With that said I hope Wisconsin pounds them by 40, but I think it will be more like 38-21.

I was going to pull for Big Red until you explained it to me.

With that in mind, I think Wisky wins 31-28. I don't expect a ton of D, but I do expect Wisky to win. Home field makes the case for me.

I think the game will be relatively close. Nebby's defense will be the key. Thus far it has not been too impressive. Wisky's offense is very tough. No, the Badgers have not really played anyone. That being said, they are doing what they are supposed to be doing - smoking the underdogs. I could see a score like 33-23 or 33-17 in favor of Wisky ... based on the competition it has played still don't have a good read on how strong the Badger defense is yet ...

Since they(W) haven't played anyone, Neb's O could be a little surprise for Wisco's D. I think it will be a high scorer. Many expected W to roll right over TCU as well, and look how that turned out.

I don't know enough about Wisconsin's defense to predict on this one. If it's anything like Iowa in the Orange Bowl vs. G-T(disciplined on the option, good enough to prevent those ducksnort passes from being effective), it could be a long game for Nebraska. I can see it being close though. Nebraska's D was overhyped coming into the season from what I can tell, giving up quite a few points. Martinez is just waiting to be intercepted 5 times in a game.

My prediction: Wisconsin...maybe?

edit: the Iowa GT comparison is a stretch, I know, we were dominant that year. The point I'm trying to make is solely about covering the option. If the option is defended effectively, Nebby might be pretty limited in plays that gain yards. Martinez is quick though so...

Last edited:
ALOT depends on if they play old school ball. I would try and keep the ball as much as possible and pound a somewhat run suspect D into dust. If they try and get cute with Nebraska, it could be way closer than they will like. I also think they will play a 4 man front and still get enough pressure that, the DB's can seal the edge. I dont think TM can beat them with his arm and he wont have but 3 seconds per drop back. Those boys are going to be amped up and the hits (for both sides) will be 30 times harder than what they have played thus far this year.
I do think Nebraskas D holds up better than it has. So I will say W31-N20-24 Nebraska gets 1 or 2 picks, but coughs it up 1 or 2 times as well.

Nebraska's black shirt defense is less than stellar this year. Offensively it's Taylor Martinez running. Stopping Martinez stops the offense.
Wisconsin has played "garbage" opponents but...They have a large OL, mobile throwing QB, good running backs and recievers. They have a decent defense.

Playing in Madison 3-7 points for Wisconsin. Wisconsin wins 45-21

To tell me how bad Wisconsin is going to bludgeon us this weekend. Many things concern me greatly including our inability to tackle effectively so far. Another will be our offensive line making holes for the RB's... I am hoping for a sluggers chance in this game but have just not seen enough positives so far this season to feel good about us winning in Madison. Blast away..... :eek:

Hmmm i belive neb is going to win!!!!!!! 45-42....

While the best news for Iowa would be a Nebraska loss I am going with the Huskers to win. My reasoning is that Wisconsin is not prepared as well as Nebraska is for the conference season. Wisconsin is yet to have played their first teams for an entire game. Conditioning will be a factor.

Wisconsin and Nebraska cannot afford a QB injury. If either Wilson or Martinez get hurt the game will be decided on the unfortunate event. Wisconsin has some new faces on that O-line that have not played anyone the caliber of Crick. They better be able to handle him or Wilson could take some pounding. Conversely Wisconsin's D better be able to contain or it will be a long afternoon. Martinez must avoid trying to do too much.

It will be a physical game.

I agree, Wisky hasn't played anyone yet, but who has Nebraska played yet? They've played a couple of teams that are better than what Wisky has played, but looked less than impressive against those teams. I wouldn't exactly say that any of those teams have been world-beaters.

Some of you guys need to put your hatred for Wisconsin aside for one week and actually cheer for Wisconsin, any and all help the Hawks can get this year is going to be needed to win the division.

With that said I hope Wisconsin pounds them by 40, but I think it will be more like 38-21.
^^ostrich^^ No Hawk fan should be rooting for Ne. This is a no brainer.

W-28 Ne21

I would love to see Iowa and Nebraska both undefeated heading into Black Friday. We are going to have to beat them regardless to win the division. So might as well make it exciting. Besides, I can't ever root for Wisconsin.

People are over stating how good Wisconsin is IMO.

They've played four garbage opponents.

I think it will be close. 31-21 Badgers, Wisconsin run game is too much in the second half.

But like I said, people predicting a blowout are going to be disappointed.

Pretty much a pitch-perfect statement here. It's telling when the best team that Wisky played in their OOC slate is a 2-2 Northern Illinois team.

- I believe that Oregon State (0-3) has been pronounced dead ... 'cause they have no pulse. By the way, they lost to Sacramento State ... AT HOME!

- UNLV (1-3) is super-bad ... they just got mauled by Southern Utah ... Southern freakin' Utah!

- Northern Illinois (2-2) is mediocre. They're arguably a pretty decent MAC school ... but they're still likely going to deal with some bumps along the way considering that they're breaking in a new head coach.

- South Dakota (2-2) is a mediocre FCS team ... which means that they're arguably equivalent to a bad FBS team.

Of course, the benefit of such a powder-puff schedule is that they've been able to remain relatively healthy, they've been able to integrate Wilson really well into the O, and they've been able to build quite a bit of confidence on the roster.

Thus, despite not being quite as dominating as they're being portrayed ... Wisconsin is definitely a formidable opponent. Furthermore, they're playing at home ... which is a venue where pretty much everybody BUT IOWA tends to struggle mightily.

To tell me how bad Wisconsin is going to bludgeon us this weekend. Many things concern me greatly including our inability to tackle effectively so far. Another will be our offensive line making holes for the RB's... I am hoping for a sluggers chance in this game but have just not seen enough positives so far this season to feel good about us winning in Madison. Blast away..... :eek:

This is an Iowa Hawkeye board, are you so arrogant that you believe we are all waiting to mock Nebraska? I don't give a **** about your game, go to a nebraska board. You posted a topic about a game Iowa isn't involved in on a Hawkeye board, you are a troll, get the **** out.

Conference play almost always brings a different attitude and intensity, this being NE first conference game I think it will be hard fought first half, not as much of a shootout as everyone thinks but Wisky will still win by two 2TD's, with NE having turnover issues 31-17

Latest posts